Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which bedliner should I get for my '05 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the best bed coverage would be Line X sprayed in (without removing bed bolts) and then a dop in FORD bedliner.This is what I wish I would have done.I just bought the bed liner.Good Luck!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Cuisinart
Senior User
Well, I hate to go against all these line-x lovers but I have a Rhino liner in my truck and I had a Rhino in every one of my 3 previous trucks. I've always been happy with the durability of it, having hauled everything from broken up concrete to kitchen appliances. I've never had any issues with it. I have seen some fade, but it doesn't take away from it's durability and it has a lifetime warranty. Plus it's about $50 to $100 cheaper than the line-x. I just can't see anything about the line-x that makes it worth more.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

I would guess Rhino and Line X are very similar.Most people seem to prefer the Line X.Maybe we should take a vote with comments.Good Luck!

Last edited by Ruckus; 05-25-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
from what i understand and have read in these forums...

Line-X = thinner, harder bed liner... still a good bed linder but a harder substance.. some have said it will still prevent boxes etc. from sliding around, others have said it will not... also Line-X is generaly more expensive....

Rhino - thicker, softer bed liner....everyone says it definetely grabs objects in the bed and prevents them from slipping around because it's softer and much easier on the knees... with that said most people with Rhino are saying it will tear easier than line-x.... and it's generally cheaper than line-x...

i am going to go with Rhino because i want the softer material, and it's an added bonus that it's cheaper... i'd buy it anyway if it was more expensive.... as for the tears, i have heard they are not that bad or noticable and i personally won't be hauling that much and if i do it won't be heavy duty industrial objects......

Old 05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
I just had Rhino done about a month ago. No complaints so far. Don't expect to have any either. My brother has it for about 1 1/2 years-no problems. My cousin who uses his truck for HEAVY work( includes loading WHOLE pallets of bricks ) N E V E R had a problem in the 4 years he had it. So thats why I went with Rhino. Besides, not a single Line X dealer here in NJ(still whould have chosen Rhino)

Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 AM
F_1_Fitty
New User
I've had my DualComp liner for a little over a month. It was shipped to my door and installed in about 10 minutes (in my driveway). The sidewalls are basically the same as a drop-in liner. The floor is a thick rubber mat that provides a slip resistant surface. The cargo hooks mount over the side walls, which link into the header panel - this provides a very tight installation.

Line-X would've cost me over $500 (I'm in Massachusetts) - the DualComp was $258 shipped! If the rubber mat does become damaged over time, I can replace it with any standard aftermarket mat ($50-100).

Don't count the DualComp out, just because of the hype around the spray-in liners. The DualComp is a very practical alternative.

I am not affiliated with DualComp in any way, shape or form.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:27 AM
brentp_1
New User
I too have installed a DualComp. Rhino was going to be $465 (for black) and Line-X $475 (for Black, add $100 for any color). A drop in was not even considered after the last one I had. So, . . . I decided to go the conservative (financially) route and try the DualComp even though there is not a lot of data out there. Figured a year or two down the road if I didn’t like it, I could always go the stray-in route.

Overall, I like the design of the DualComp. The rubber mat is truly skid resistant and thicker than I thought it would be. It appears to be similar in material and construction (with interior fabric) to tires. The sides are plastic just like a drop in, and the mat locks into the rails in the bottom of the sides. Once in, it looks very professional and like a integrated unit. Installation was a breeze (under 20 minutes).

A couple of things I don't like; and they are minor. Fit: I feel the fit of one of the sides could have been a bit better. The only place I noticed a fit issue was at the very back on the right side. The side pieces have a lip that is suppose to fit up under the bed rail protector. In this location where it co<st1 ="">me</st1>s out around the rear post, it sticks out about 1" too far. I can push it back, but I can not get the lip to stay up under the rail. Left side is ok. Truth is, I don't notice it anymore, . . . but did spend a bit of time to try to fix it. Not sure if it is a issue with all units, or if I just got a warped piece. Only other thing is that the instructions call out to drill holes for the lower portion of the tailgate mount (you use the tailgate screws for the upper mount). Then fill with the provided rust proofing, and then use self tapping screws to secure. I'd be damned if I drilled holes in my new truck! So, . . . 3 strips of industrial strength Velco now secure the lower part of the tailgate piece. It works great.

A few things that I really like. None slip bottom!!!! It is excellent, and the rubber appears like it will hold up to most abuse. No water build up. The factory drains are preserved. Overall, . . . from a cost/performance perspective, I do like the DualComp solution. I let you know after I get some more time with it to see how it holds up, both material wise and color wise.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:47 AM
F_1_Fitty
New User
Hey Brentp_1 - My DualComp fits snug under the bed rails. I did notice when I was installing the passenger side panel that the rear upper lip slipped out. I needed to remove the cargo hooks and realign the panel (otherwise I couldn't get this piece back under the bed rail).

I like your idea of using the industrial strength Velcro. DualComp should provide both the Velcro and the Drill options and let the customer decide during the installation (I'm sure a few strips of Velcro wouldn't add much to the cost).

Old 05-26-2005, 08:26 AM
brentp_1
New User
F_1_Fitty - thanks for the feedback on the rail. I will give it another try to see if I can get it up under the lip. I did try that, but already had the mat in. Maybe if I take the mat out and adjust I will have better luck.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Bryndon
Senior User
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll have R&D look at the velcro option. Drilling is the one thing I don't really like either.

Bryndon
Dualcomp Sales

Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM
JonC
Freshman User
The Dualcomp looks pretty good. I have a Screw with the bed extender. Will it work with the bed extender?

Jon

Old 05-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
anyone have any better pictures of the dualcomp installed? their website is kinda lacking in details or close up pictures.....

Old 05-27-2005, 06:56 AM
F_1_Fitty
New User
DualComp's old site had more information. Unfortunately they took the old site off-line before the new site was completed.

This reseller link has some decent photos of the installation: http://www.dieselpro.net/truck_bed_l...mp.php#install

According to the site, they have a liner for 2004-05 5.5', 6.5' and 8' beds.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:33 AM
brentp_1
New User
Here are a couple of quick pics I took this morning.

This one above shows the full bed.

This one above shows the channel where the rubber mat mates with the side panel. From this, you can also see the thickness of the pad. The bottom side of the pad is bumped.

And this one shows the front/sides. The sides and front are separate pieces and joined in the corner.

Hope this helps. If there is some detail you are looking for that I did not show clearly, let me know and I will try to get that for you.

Last edited by brentp_1; 05-27-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:59 AM
brentp_1
New User
Sorry, . . . either the pics didn't come through or were deleted.

So, we'll try it this way with links, . . .

First Image

Second Image

Third Image

And, . . . I would like to add that I did remove the mat this morning after I took the pictures, removed the cargo hooks and adjusted the right side panel. Fit is much better. Thanks for the heads up F_1_FITTY!!!

Last edited by brentp_1; 05-27-2005 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Which bedliner should I get for my '05 F150?