1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How do you get pic in the threads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How do you get pic in the threads?

How do you get pic in the threads? I have tryed the IMG code. and linked it to my pic in my gallery..But nothing shows up? I know its like this ( .... Done to VOID CODE Links ) [ ... IMG .... ] Pick URL [ ... / IMG ... ]

But all I get are red X in a box.. What im am I missing?

Old 04-10-2005, 12:31 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When you make a new post (or reply) look on the toolbar. There's a yellow square icon with mountains (to the left of the "#" icon). That's the "Insert Image" icon. Click on it and a window will pop up asking for the URL address of your picture. Copy/paste your picture's URL address into the pop up window and hit "ok". Your picture should now show up in the message box.

Ilya

Old 04-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
I tryed that ... But the pics still a red X....

Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts

I have been having problems too with putting pictures in so I tried it, We'll see if I got it right!!

thanks, abe

Old 04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Follow 51PanelMan's advice about using the "Insert Image" button, and try typing in the URL below when the dialog box pops up. Type it in exactly as shown except for the " at each end. You can cut and paste it if you don't want to type it in, just make sure you get it exactly as shown in the dialog box. If it works, we can go from there to figure out what you are missing when you use the "Insert Image" button.

"http://www.clubfte.com/users/earl/Post_Pictures/Page06.jpg"

Old 04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Nope, didn't work for me, either!!!
abe

Old 04-10-2005, 03:33 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Take 2,

abe

Old 04-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru

OK I fig it out.. its the file name I was having problems with..

When I pulled the URL to the link the URL in the pic propertys was incomplete..

Old 04-10-2005, 03:34 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Ro Ray, Reorge!

now what?

abe

Old 04-10-2005, 03:43 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

[IMG][/IMG]

tried it again!

Old 04-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by abe
[IMG][/IMG]

tried it again!
OK abe, U have the same problem I had.. U are not getting the complete File name..

Old 04-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Earl
Postmaster
OK Abe, you got it to work. To insert an image, the text in your post has to look like this:

[IMG]URL[/IMG]

The URL has to start with http:// for the FTE server to recognize it. The actual text that goes where the letters URL are above indicates precisely where on the Internet your picture is located.

OK, so now you are saying, how do I get the text that tells the server exactly where my picture is stored? Well, there are several ways to do it, but here is one fairly straightforward way for images in your FTE gallery.

1. Go to your gallery.
2. In your gallery, click on the number 2 below the image you want to include in your post. This will bring up the full size version of the picture on your screen.
3. RIGHT-click anywhere on the picture. A menu will pop up that has several options. Choose the Properties option.
4. Another window will now pop up showing a bunch of properties for the image - including the URL we want. Triple-click on the URL to select the whole thing, or, highlight the whole URL using the normal way you'd highlight any text with your mouse. Press CTRL-C to copy the URL text.
5. Click Cancel (or OK) to close the image properties box.
6. Exit your gallery.
7. Start your post in the normal way (post reply button when you are in a thread, or new topic button from the forum page).
8. Click on the Insert Image button (the mountains).
9. Remember the URL you copied from your gallery using CTRL-C? Well, now press CTRL-V to paste that URL text into the pop-up dialog box.
10. Click OK to exit the pop-up box and you're done.

Print out the instructions above and give it a try. If it works, do it about a dozen times until you can remember it without having to follow the instructions.

By the way, you can use the same method for any image on the Internet. As long as you can see the image full-size (not a little thumbnail version), you can right-click on it to get it's properties, copy the URL as described above, and paste it into the Insert Image dialog box. I find that opening a second browser window allows me to work with image URL's in one while I'm doing my post in the second one. Let us know if this works for you.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Earl.. That works great, Thank you for the info.. that a lot easyer than what I had been doing

Old 04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
darkman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We used to be able to upload a image into a post from our computer without putting it in our gallery. Is that possible anymore?

Old 04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Earl
Postmaster
The only way to have a link in a post to a picture on your computer is if you have a static IP address so the FTE server will always find the picture at the same address. I suspect that very few of us use systems with static IP addresses at home, although I have access to one for work-at-home stuff (not FTE). If you have a web hosting service, you can post a link to pictures you've uploaded to your space on the web host server.

Quick Reply: How do you get pic in the threads?