Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Senior User

MineralStang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Good junkyards to find parts for a '76 F-250

Hey everyone just wanted to see if anyone knew what junkyard was best in the Denver area to get some wiring harnesses off of (Duraspark I). If you want some background on my issues here is the thread:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361118

I'm looking for a complete ignition wiring harness from the ignition box to the coil and then the distributor. I'm also looking for some other wiring as well. Just wanted to know what yard I may have the best luck in. I have a '76 F-250 with a 390. Thanks!

Nate
Old 04-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Senior User

EJL96PSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
One that I have visited a few times is Svigles Auto Parts on the west side of Santa Fe, just north of Oxford from what I remember. Its right around in there. They specialize in American Cars and Trucks. Sorry I don't have Svigels number, I do know its in the phone book. Hope this helps.

Sold the truck - 96PSD crew 2x4 219,000 mi. Kwik filter. Tranny, EGT and Boost gauge's. Tranny cooler. Down pipe.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Senior User

R they a pull your own type of junkyard? Or have they pulled all the stuff already? Thanks!

Nate
Old 04-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Postmaster

Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.Hypoid has a good reputation on FTE.
Pull-n-Save is hit or miss. Have you checked the "parting out" section of our local classifieds?
I read through your thread, not convinced that replacing the harness will solve your problems. The ignition switch is highly suspect, especially if original to the truck.
I have wiring diagrams, test procedures. If you can use them, I'll scan some jpegs and email later-someone elses turn at the puter.

Mike

'96 Ranger XLT, 2.3L, 5-speed, 2 wheel drive.

Email me at Hypoids.haus at yahoo, visit me at RMFTC.com/forums
Old 04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Senior User

Talking

Yeah.....I'm kind of suspicious of the ignition switch. When I get in I can tell if it will start or not depending on the ignition switch and the way it behaves with the trying to start fine or the "trying to start" between run and start syndrome. If I get in and I attempt to start it and it behaves normally, it will start but if I attempt to start it and it coughs between start and run It won't start. Hope that makes sense. I would love any info you can give me Mike would be great! I'll PM you wih my e-mail address. thanks everybody!

Nate

P.S. I'm at work (going home now cuz we closed early) and I tested the truck and it started right up. MAN...this is the kind of weather my beast needs to be in...can't wait to get this issue resolved.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
I usually shop at Colorado Auto Salvage, they are just down the street (Radcliff) from Svigels. Located just West of Santa fe and South of Oxford. It is a pull your own, if they have they type place. I was just there last week and they do not have any Duraspark FE systems. Now they do have the Duraspark systems, but are on other engines. They will work as well, just need a different Distributor.

--Mike (G)
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 04-11-2005, 10:41 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter

Tags
1999, 2000, 76, chaparral, colorado, denver, dist, f250, fe, ford, junkyard, oxford, parts, sante, sl, truck, wiring