1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 11-24-2014, 05:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

King Ranch leather conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 AM
66fordman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch leather conditioner

Hi everyone. We own a King Ranch Superduty and used the KR leather conditioner on our leather. We are having a hard time finding the product now at the dealers and I do not see it on the king ranch web site. Is there another comparable product anyone else has used that has maintained their leather well and that they are happy with. I do appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
moebdick
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KR still has it. Click here. I don't have KR leather, but I use Lexol on mine. Also on our saddles and bridles.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
66fordman
New User
Thanks Moebdick. I do appreciate it. The lexol, is it the same stuff basically with protectants and all? Is it cheaper and where do you get it? Thankyou.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 AM
moebdick
Elder User
Lexol contains...

" an emulsion similar to those employed in the original manufacture of the leather," according to Lexol's info web page (click dem words!).

You can find Lexol at some Walmarts. I get it at State Line Tack. I think Pep Boys has it too.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:00 AM
nosdog2
Mountain Pass
Lexol has allways work great for me. They have both the cleaner and the conditioner. I use them both on my seats.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 AM
NinjaRacer
Freshman User
Thumbs up

I will second that. Lexol works great.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
zx10r
New User
I don't have a KR, I have the Harley Davidson edition with quad leather captains chairs.

Would Lexol also be the cleaner condition of choice, or does the black die in the leather change that???

Thanks

Old 04-06-2005, 03:28 PM
wolffee
Elder User
Here is the link the the KR Saddle shop that has the lether cleaner

http://www.krsaddleshop.com/shopping...eyword=cleaner

that should be what you needs i use it on my KR and its works great. It is KR cleaner. I dont know whats in it tht makkes it 9 bucks a bottle but it works good and i get about 3 conditionings oout of 1 bottle using it heavy. I drop it right on the seat and rub it in with a cloth but i use alot and it works great.

Any more questions let me knowif the link doesnt work go to

KRsaddleshop.com
and search "Cleaner"

Ryan

Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
bricot
Elder User
My only question before using Lexol on the leather is ... Do they put any type of clearcoat on the leather? The leather in my car has a clear coat type coating on it that Lexol will actually break down, so I use the Aerospace 303 that I use on the dash etc, on the seats.

If there isn't a similar coating on these seats then Lexol is a great product.

Anyone know if they put a coating on either the King Ranch leather or the Lariat leather ?

Old 04-06-2005, 05:13 PM
moebdick
Elder User
The KR leather does not have a clear protective coating, but the standard "Ford" leather that comes in Lariats and HDs does. The owner manual recommends Ford's own cleaner and conditioner for the non-KR leather, but I've never used them and don't know what's in them. The manual also says " Do not use household cleaning products, alcohol solutions, solvents or cleaners intended for rubber, vinyl and plastics, or oil/petroleum-based leather conditioners. These products may cause premature wearing of the clear, protective coating on the seat."

My truck also came with a "Leather Care Instructions" tag on the seat that looks just like this one, except for the text on the outside, so I think Eagle Ottawa probably makes the standard "Ford" leather. The tag inside reads as follows:

For routine cleaning, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth. For more thorough cleaning, wipe the surface with a mild soap.

If the leather cannot be completely cleaned using a mild soap and water solution, the leather may be cleaned using a commercially available cleaning product "Tanners Preserve Leather Cleaner" and a 3M "Type T" scrubbing pad using steps detailed in Owners Manual.
Oddly, there's nothing in my manual about using Tanners Preserve or 3M scrub pads at all.

I don't know what kind of oil is in Lexol conditioner (lanolin?), so I guess it's possible that it "may" cause premature wearing of the clear coat with long term use. Or it may not. I've never seen anything about it damaging leather finishes, though.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Will all this stuff work on the "other" leather seats...not the KR style...like my grey ones?
Or what is best?

Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 PM
beetlebarn
Junior User
DURAGLOSS Leather Conditioner

Originally Posted by 66fordman
Hi everyone. We own a King Ranch Superduty and used the KR leather conditioner on our leather. We are having a hard time finding the product now at the dealers and I do not see it on the king ranch web site. Is there another comparable product anyone else has used that has maintained their leather well and that they are happy with. I do appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Buy it from the folks that KR buys it from - Duragloss. I bought a 32 oz bottle (222 Leather conditioner) for about 1/3 of what I spent for the stuff from KR. Just refill the bottle. It works fine and gives that natural leather scent. Duragloss makes a cleaner also and has some good info on the web site if your not sure what you need. The KR leather seats and the seats in the lariet need different products per the website research I've done.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:29 AM
bricot
Elder User
Yep, if you don't have a clearcoat on the seats, then Lexol works great. So does the Aerospace 303, which is also works great on your dash and plastics. Its like a SPF 45 for your interior, matte finish (not the nasty armorall shine) and doesn't seem to attract dust.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
kingranchman19
Junior User
I've also seen posts about using Leather CPR on the KR interior. Apparently you can get it at places like Bed Bath & Beyond or Restoration Hardware. Has anyone tried that yet? I always used the KR stuff that was sent to me when I had a 150 KR, but thinking about trying Leather CPR on my 250 KR.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
rwhite692
Junior User
I have been using these products on my KR interior, and the results are just fantastic...It's not cheap stuff tho...

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

Quick Reply: King Ranch leather conditioner