Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 AM
New User

66fordman is starting off with a positive reputation.
King Ranch leather conditioner

Hi everyone. We own a King Ranch Superduty and used the KR leather conditioner on our leather. We are having a hard time finding the product now at the dealers and I do not see it on the king ranch web site. Is there another comparable product anyone else has used that has maintained their leather well and that they are happy with. I do appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Elder User

moebdick is starting off with a positive reputation.
KR still has it. Click here. I don't have KR leather, but I use Lexol on mine. Also on our saddles and bridles.
Isspro EV2 Gauges: Fuel, EGT, Rear Axle — ScanGauge II watching EOT, ECT, TFT, MAP, ICP, Volts — B&W Turnover Hitch — Tekonsha Prodigy — Dieselsite Coolant Filter — Bulletproof EGR Cooler — A.R.E. LSX Tonneau — Fumoto — Husky Floor Mats
Old 04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
New User

66fordman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Moebdick. I do appreciate it. The lexol, is it the same stuff basically with protectants and all? Is it cheaper and where do you get it? Thankyou.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Elder User

Lexol contains...

" an emulsion similar to those employed in the original manufacture of the leather," according to Lexol's info web page (click dem words!).

You can find Lexol at some Walmarts. I get it at State Line Tack. I think Pep Boys has it too.
Isspro EV2 Gauges: Fuel, EGT, Rear Axle — ScanGauge II watching EOT, ECT, TFT, MAP, ICP, Volts — B&W Turnover Hitch — Tekonsha Prodigy — Dieselsite Coolant Filter — Bulletproof EGR Cooler — A.R.E. LSX Tonneau — Fumoto — Husky Floor Mats
Old 04-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Senior User

nosdog2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lexol has allways work great for me. They have both the cleaner and the conditioner. I use them both on my seats.
93 Mustang GT
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Freshman User

NinjaRacer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

I will second that. Lexol works great.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
New User

zx10r is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have a KR, I have the Harley Davidson edition with quad leather captains chairs.

Would Lexol also be the cleaner condition of choice, or does the black die in the leather change that???

Thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Elder User

wolffee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is the link the the KR Saddle shop that has the lether cleaner

http://www.krsaddleshop.com/shopping...eyword=cleaner

that should be what you needs i use it on my KR and its works great. It is KR cleaner. I dont know whats in it tht makkes it 9 bucks a bottle but it works good and i get about 3 conditionings oout of 1 bottle using it heavy. I drop it right on the seat and rub it in with a cloth but i use alot and it works great.

Any more questions let me knowif the link doesnt work go to

KRsaddleshop.com
and search "Cleaner"

Ryan
2.5in Leaf Spring Lift in Front.5in blocks in rear. Moto Metal 20x10's 295 65R20 Nitto Terra's. 4in stright pipe turbo back, 5in Tip. Femco Oil Drain Valve. SCT Tunner. Train Horns. Upgraded Compressors and big tank to run air tools. CB Radio. Bilstein Shocks. Amsoil Oil ByPass System. Coolant Filter ByPass.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Elder User

bricot is starting off with a positive reputation.
My only question before using Lexol on the leather is ... Do they put any type of clearcoat on the leather? The leather in my car has a clear coat type coating on it that Lexol will actually break down, so I use the Aerospace 303 that I use on the dash etc, on the seats.

If there isn't a similar coating on these seats then Lexol is a great product.

Anyone know if they put a coating on either the King Ranch leather or the Lariat leather ?

14 F350 6.7 Lariat
07 EXPEDITION LTD
Old 04-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Elder User

The KR leather does not have a clear protective coating, but the standard "Ford" leather that comes in Lariats and HDs does. The owner manual recommends Ford's own cleaner and conditioner for the non-KR leather, but I've never used them and don't know what's in them. The manual also says " Do not use household cleaning products, alcohol solutions, solvents or cleaners intended for rubber, vinyl and plastics, or oil/petroleum-based leather conditioners. These products may cause premature wearing of the clear, protective coating on the seat."

My truck also came with a "Leather Care Instructions" tag on the seat that looks just like this one, except for the text on the outside, so I think Eagle Ottawa probably makes the standard "Ford" leather. The tag inside reads as follows:

Quote:
For routine cleaning, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth. For more thorough cleaning, wipe the surface with a mild soap.

If the leather cannot be completely cleaned using a mild soap and water solution, the leather may be cleaned using a commercially available cleaning product "Tanners Preserve Leather Cleaner" and a 3M "Type T" scrubbing pad using steps detailed in Owners Manual.
Oddly, there's nothing in my manual about using Tanners Preserve or 3M scrub pads at all.

I don't know what kind of oil is in Lexol conditioner (lanolin?), so I guess it's possible that it "may" cause premature wearing of the clear coat with long term use. Or it may not. I've never seen anything about it damaging leather finishes, though.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Will all this stuff work on the "other" leather seats...not the KR style...like my grey ones?
Or what is best?
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Junior User

beetlebarn is starting off with a positive reputation.
DURAGLOSS Leather Conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66fordman
Hi everyone. We own a King Ranch Superduty and used the KR leather conditioner on our leather. We are having a hard time finding the product now at the dealers and I do not see it on the king ranch web site. Is there another comparable product anyone else has used that has maintained their leather well and that they are happy with. I do appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Buy it from the folks that KR buys it from - Duragloss. I bought a 32 oz bottle (222 Leather conditioner) for about 1/3 of what I spent for the stuff from KR. Just refill the bottle. It works fine and gives that natural leather scent. Duragloss makes a cleaner also and has some good info on the web site if your not sure what you need. The KR leather seats and the seats in the lariet need different products per the website research I've done.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Elder User

bricot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, if you don't have a clearcoat on the seats, then Lexol works great. So does the Aerospace 303, which is also works great on your dash and plastics. Its like a SPF 45 for your interior, matte finish (not the nasty armorall shine) and doesn't seem to attract dust.

14 F350 6.7 Lariat
07 EXPEDITION LTD
Old 04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Junior User

kingranchman19 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've also seen posts about using Leather CPR on the KR interior. Apparently you can get it at places like Bed Bath & Beyond or Restoration Hardware. Has anyone tried that yet? I always used the KR stuff that was sent to me when I had a 150 KR, but thinking about trying Leather CPR on my 250 KR.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Junior User

rwhite692 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been using these products on my KR interior, and the results are just fantastic...It's not cheap stuff tho...

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products
Old 09-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
care, cleaning, conditioner, ford, goods, king, kr, leather, oil, polish, ranch, saddle, seat, shop, treatment