Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 AM
New User

FordStar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Require honest Vancouver mechanic

Hello all members in greater Vancouver,

I am moving there from Calgary at the end of the month and I'll need to get my truck inspected for insurance. There is nothing wrong with it, and I know it will pass. But I'm worried about taking it to a shop and then coming back later to find they replaced all my brakes or something. Can anyone suggest a good place to go? It doesn't matter if its in Vancouver itself or the surrounding area. Also, how much should an inspection cost?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
In North Van, here is a place just down the street from Lonsdale Quay on the North Side of that main road thru there.I can't remember the name of the road but it runs along side the water.

That's where my Friend Gary got his done at.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:51 PM
New User

Thanks for the response. I know the street you mean, do you know if this shop is east or west of the quay?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I was sure I would have put in,but time does go bay & people get older or businesses move so that's why I can approximate

Why don't you contact the guys with the Great Vancouver Mustang Association and ask them,
They have first hand knowledge of the daily goings on there.

They host a great Ford show in Sept as well

http://www.gvma.org/

Tell them Mil1ion from Calgary sent you

(no they won't beat you up for saying that)

Last edited by Mil1ion; 04-04-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
My brother in law does vehicle inspections. He works at G.T. Mechanical in Langley.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:10 PM
New User

Thanks, I'll give him a call when I get there.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
business, diesel, ford, good, honest, independent, internet, mechanic, powered, ranger, vancouver, vbulletin