Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Stevaroo01

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2005, 09:27 PM

FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
Thumbs up Dst

Ok, so as Chris suggested DST Yes or No? A big yes here. I would like to understand your reasoning if you feel differently. (I have wondered this since I moved here 14 years ago.)
Old 04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Elder User

snowfighter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I want it! I hope june 5th.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Senior User

shortymac83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I lived in the west chicago burbs, and hated DST, you had to deal with the time change, and I'm such a routine freak that I can't deal with a change in my routine.

Matthew
Old 04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Posting Guru

Chris_ce is starting off with a positive reputation.
After reading todays paper and the changes they made to the bill I really don't think they will pass it this year.
Indiana Chapter Leader
Old 04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Elder User

snowfighter is starting off with a positive reputation.
We can all thank our elected house of MORONS for that one!!(I thought they were supposed to work for us) Guess who I won't be voting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:41 PM

FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
Oh well. I had really hoped to understand the apparent widespread opposition. Even if it isn't, I'd love to understand the reasoning of those who are in power to keep things as they have been.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Posting Guru

Superdave is starting off with a positive reputation.
No DST for me.

I hated it when I was a kid, going to bed (when I was little we went to bed at 8:00p.m.) and the stinking evening sun was shining bright against my drawn down window blind. And walking to school in the pitch black of a morning.

2000 Superduty Lariat, Extended Cab 4x4, 5.4L

Last edited by Superdave; 04-14-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Senior User

cpe41 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've never been for it, and have yet to hear a reasonable reason to want it. I've heard many arguments in favor of it but have yet to hear one that sounds convincing.

"Other states can't keep track of what time it is in Indiana"- With the technology and the intelligence level of today's world, can it really be that difficult to figure out? I'm just an average working stiff and I have no problem figuring out what time it is in any of the continental United States at any given time of year. It's not rocket science.

"An extra hour of daylight at the end of the day"- Okay...why? It'll still be light out at 10:00pm during some summer months, which for me is no advantage, and could be a disadvantage.

There are many other arguements, but I'm just not convinced.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:30 PM

How's this: I have time for 9 holes of golf after work after I drive back to Lafayette from Indinapolis?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Senior User

nixer is starting off with a positive reputation.
well now in northwest indiana it will be dark till 8am and will stay light out till 5pm gee i guess this might work, yea right i didnt vote for that pinhead its you southerners that did lol
13' f150 xlt screw 3.5l eco 4x4
Old 05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Senior User

cpe41 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiefus
How's this: I have time for 9 holes of golf after work after I drive back to Lafayette from Indinapolis?
AHA!! You just gave credence to something I've said for years....that DST was created by/for lawyers, doctors, etc so that they could get in an extra round of golf before nightfall!...
Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Junior User

alhersch is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've lived here all my life so I don't have any experience with it. I guess it don't matter to me really. When I get up its dark here in this basement, so the dark wouldn't bother me in the morning, other than the pita factor twice a year. I suppose I can fish longer in the evenings since i'm to lazy to get my but outta bed earlier to go to work.. Now when October comes around I got deer on my mind I can get up anytime... Now that I just shot cpe41's theory all to heck, i'm outta here...

Alan
Old 05-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Posting Guru

Superdave is starting off with a positive reputation.
If they change the time zone as well, to central time, (if I remember right) it will be freakin dark at 5:00p.m. in the (Nov/Dec) winter.

Won't be no deer huntin' in the evening after work.

We have all heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That should have applied here. Just my opinion.

2000 Superduty Lariat, Extended Cab 4x4, 5.4L
Old 05-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Elder User

Streetcruzer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdave
We have all heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That should have applied here. Just my opinion.
I would have to agree with superdave, Is this all our elected officials have to concern themselves with. I dont recall thousands of citizens jumping up and down to change this, so it couldnt have been a big deal! But they have spent (wasted) 4 months trying to get this done! Now maybe the elected officials can find the time to focus on balancing the budget, enticing new industry to Indiana, fixing our education system and other things of importance for our future. Or do we really matter!

Just my .02,
Cruzer

2004 F350 Harley CC SB 6.0
Black/Orange
Old 05-15-2005, 12:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter