Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior User

msurie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Extended warranties?

Alright guys i've got question for all of you. As you know what I drive, I got 46k miles on it I'm clearly out of 3/36. but I do have the extended warranty will it cover a broken leaf spring?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:50 PM

captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.
you have a good one. hope it's a ford esp one then more then likely. you will have to make a phone call and be sure. if not try hackensack spring on river road or i think michelles or some thing like that in paterson. those are the only 2 i have used
good luck charlie g
Old 04-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Senior User

I still have not check my paper work, all I can remember of it is a three year extended.
If its not covered I can all ways call my friend he is the manager of Jenson & mitchells in Jersey City. most the likely the best I do with him is his cost, not free.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
If you got the full extended warranty, rather than just the powertrain extended warranty, then yes the spring should be covered.

I generally don't bother with extended warranties because I exceed the mileage limit long before the original warranty is over... so for me its a waste of money.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Senior User

Turns out it is covered under the warranty but deductible is $100. which what my friend would charge me. By the way I have the ExtraCARE coverage, got until 1/27/07 or 75,000. judging by the mileage I'm putting on the truck,warranty will run out .
Old 04-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
Thats what always happens to me.... I nail the mileage number long before the time runs out. Back in the late 80's I bought a brand new Plymouth... as I was in sales and was driving all over the place, my old convertible wasn't reliable enough to guarrentee I'd get there. Came with a 3yr/36K warranty on the whole car, and 70K on the powertrain.

I put 31K on it the first year. Glad I only paid $8888.88 for it. LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Senior User

DVLSH1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, now I know i dont drive much LOL. My 96 ranger I had the 75,000/5 year warranty on it and i hit 75,000 right at the five year mark LOL

NJ CHAPTER PHOTAGRAPHER
Old 04-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Post Fiend

Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We're just the opposite, my 2000 (5 yrs old) has 39k and her 2002 (3 yrs old) has 28k.
2002 XLT Std Cab Long Bed 3.0
1989 Custom Std Cab Short Bed 2.9
Old 04-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Post Fiend

Well, my crewcab as you know is in the 300's and it's a 93...
Old 04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Senior User

Well I got the spring repaired today! actually only cost eighty bucks.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter