Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Sweet new gun!

I went to the gun show today... and I spied a sweet gun at a good price. Its a Beretta 96 in .40 S&W. It is a great shooter too... really accurate and very low recoil... gonna have to put some hot handloads together and see if I get more ka boom out of it...
Old 04-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
One of my boys has a Browning in .40 S&W. He loves it.

Let us know how the Beretta works out.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
My dad really likes it.... he wants to buy one now...

Its a much better carry gun than the Ruger GP100 with its 6" barrel... of course I could always use it to beat somebody bloody if I ran out of ammo... the Beretta is way more accurate... the .357 is more fun to shoot though... I know its not going to jam or anything... the Beretta has swallowed everything I've fed it so far from flat nose, fmj's, hollow points and wide hollow points... my buddies 1911 can't do that

Royce and I might head out to Missoula in August for the big gun show out there, haven't really decided on that yet.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
If you go to the Missoula Gun Show in August, let me know ahead of time and I'll try to make it down there ... gotta meet you one of these years, eh? I think there is usually an antique show at the same time, so my wife may even say "lets do it!".

Hey .. we can all wear our FTE shirts and consider it a MEET! I'll bring my camera. Now all we gotta do is let Tim Know and pass the word to everyone else.

A good gun show, perhaps dinner at the local "stuff-yerself-n-run". ( We'll work on that part later.) And then a photo op in the UM Fieldhouse parking area... ok ... there's gotta be a better spot than that!

Oh .. guess I should comment on the gun too... heh heh ... nice gun!! I'd love to own a Baretta.

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Elder User

MontanaFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
i needa find a ruger blackhawk .44 mag by bow season....no sense in havin a double action....you tend to lose accuracy with them, it seems, from my own experience.....course, i wouldn't mind havin a S&W 500...hehe....if i run outta ammo before the bear's dead, i can finish the job with the gun itself....10 1/2" barrel....hehehe....nah....44 mag's plenty for me....just needa come up w/ the money to buy one somewhere....

Michael

oh...matt...that beretta sounds slick...should bring it up this summer, if you make it up here...
Old 04-05-2005, 12:33 PM