Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Reasons to leave Texas for Arizona?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
wesg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reasons to leave Texas for Arizona?

Question for any transplants. Please PM me for pros/cons of leaving Texas for Arizona. My wife has an aunt in Scottsdale and wants us to relocate. Scottsdale is way too expensive for us, at best we could live in Phoenix.
wes

Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
I can give you a million reasons why not to move here.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
wesg
Freshman User
Okay. Your top 3 or 4 reasons would be?
wes

Old 04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
The valley (Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, AJ, Queen Creek) has just been flooded with a bunch of idiots from other states. Its mainly California and Vegas it seems. Driving anywhere sucks now. This seems to be the place where all the A-holes weren't welcome in their state so they came here.

I am posting in another place talking about this, but we used to have places here that weren't a very far drive at all where you could go out and enjoy some really nice desert scenery and go 4X4ing, shooting, hiking, camping, and just a place where you didn't have to go far, to be away from the city. Unfortunately a bunch of retarded selfish ****** think its a good idea to level that land out to put up ugly houses.

Its an insane real-estate market right now. Base price on a new house is going up $10,000 per every 4 houses sold. Its an investors market which means, just like Vegas, its this area is going to turn to crap in about 5 years.

Walmart's and Targets are popping up like Walgreens. Ever been to a place where you have a Walmart AND Target within 4-6 miles of each other? Why is this happening? All the selfish idiots new to the AZ are loving it, but what they don't realize (because all they think about is themselves) that its wasting WAY too much land and completely F'ing the layout of everything. Its ABSOLUTELY not needed.

Arizona is a great place. Its the people within that make it completely suck, and its going to get a lot worse. Its very easy to ignore regular decent human beings and enjoy whats around you. Its impossible to ignore idiots, and because of the number of idiots, this place just plain sucks anymore.

**MIND YOU, I had to go back and adjust my wording. I had a lot harsher words the first time around.**

Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
wesg
Freshman User
Thanks for the information. I had read an article talking about housing prices being inflated due to California investors.
I do understand the businesses springing up everywhere. How about two Wal-Marts? The old store is 7 - 8 miles North and a new super center is about 5 miles East. The Target super center is another 5 - 6 miles down the same road. And a new Walgreens just went up around the corner.
While we are both ready for a change and have no reason to stay in the Dallas area, I do not see Phoenix/Scottsdale being a better choice. But Kathleen wants to be with her aunt so we will go anyway. A few years down the road we should have a choice to stay in Arizona or leave.
I sure hope there is somewhere to ride. I am tring to decide whether or not to take my Yamaha ATV.
wes

Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
Of sourse you should bring the quad. Even though we lost a lot of great riding spots because of these ******, that doesnt mean ALL of them are gone.

ALL of the new Targets and Walmarts are the super stores. Its so damn stupid and useless.

Its not just the California investors. Its Vegas Investors, and California residents. $250K here will get you a decent house as opposed to $250K in Cali will get you a pad in the slums. So AZ is being overwealmed by California people moving here. As far as investors, its idiots here, Vegas, and Cali. There are actually realators that fly up to Vegas and pick up loads of chineese investors and fly down here, go to model sales, and try and buy houses. Right now, you cant walk into a model home with $300K cash in hand and buy a house. Its insane.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:09 AM
gene2no
Freshman User
I have to concur with 5.4AZ4x4. Some days I think Tucson is modeling itself after Phoenix (which seems to be trying to be like Los Angeles Metro). Only the "idiots" don't want freeways to move traffic. So 3 to 4 green lights to get across an intersection during traffic hours, Took 1 hour to travel 10 miles one Saturday, with no accidents. Not to mention the dragging road construction. Still like it better than the smog hole of LA!.