Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Elder User

laynrubber is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks to Oklahoma

I was in your fair state last week, March 21 to the 29th and really enjoyed my time there.
I was there for Flight Safety training at Willey Post on a "new" airplane we are getting.
Stayed on N.W. Expressway and got to tour around OKlahoma city each night, Lake Hefner and Brick Town. Everyone was always friendly and curious about my Canadian accent......sorry folks....you are the ones with the accents
Toured around that rainy Saturday went to Mustang and got my pic taken there, Chickashee (sp?), had an awesome lunch at a little out of the way place in Purcell and then went back to the city thru Noble, and found the drag strip around there.
Never once had a bad meal at anyplace we ate at, Joe's Crab Shack, Applebees, Chinese Buffet, BrickTown.
Gas was very cheap (compared to Canada) but there weren't too many other deals, in fact i thought some things were more expensive.
Anyway had a great time and thanks.

52 Plymouth
52 F100....under construction
68 Mustang Convert
Old 03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
hey there, glad you could stop by, if I had known an FTE member from out of town was around I would have hooked up with ya and said hey.......im glad you had a good experience here, ive been in Oklahoma for 13 years now and its starting to grow on me........i missed out on the fair, but that was just our spring fair, the big one is at the end of summertime......did you get to watch any races at Thundervalley speedway??? i love going there whenever i can, one day ill be racing my F-150(pic in gallery) there, but not anytime soon......once again glad you had a good time here, and im sorry i missed ya......take care.............BTW: yawwlllll canadians are the ones with the accents!!! EH???

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Postmaster

Silver Streak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There are lots of cool places to go in OKC. The zoo is one of the best anywhere, Kirkpatric Center/Omniplex, 45th Infantry Museum. Did you get to check out any of these places?
145 rwhp, 272 rwtq

2001 Lightning #127
13.18@104, no chip, no pulley, no nitrous

Confuscious say "Man who have no use for jackstand have promising career as jackstand".
Old 03-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Elder User

It was raining that Sat. of the races but i saw several drag cars on trailers when we were in Purcell and Slaughterville. The guys i was with weren't zoo kinda guys. we wanted to go to the Memorial that was down town, our pilots went but we never got there........studied too much i guess.

52 Plymouth
68 Mustang Convert
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Howdy Shaune,
Glad ya'll came down ta visit. Wasn't Bricktown nice? It looks good during the day and I hear they've got a pretty good night life down there too. Please let us know the next time ya'll come on down? We will hook you up. Next time we'll have to show you some striper fishin', bull ridin', and some of the great 4 wheelin action in this state. As for accents???.....I don't recall hearing any out here. eh? heheheheeh (Yep, there's some pretty good country accents.) Ya'll comeback....ya hear'?

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 04-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Freshman User

stillwaterharmon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad you had a good time here in OK. I love going to brick town they have really done some cool stuff down there in the last few years.

Now you can tell everybody up there that were not just a bunch of rednecks talkin bout the tornado that ripped up our trailer house ye-ha .

My F-1 is built for fun!!!
1950 F-1...in progress
1993 F250 4x4...the rattle trap
Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Also, I hope you didn't leave our great state with out getting an Eskimo Joes tshirt?!?!

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Junior User

snoman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kind of curious as to how you ended up in my neck of the woods from north OKC? (that would be Lexington, one of the little dots on the map you passed heading towards Noble)
Old 04-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Elder User

Is that near Slaughterville ?
We started off wanting to go to Texas....well we got as far as Chickashea (sp?) and got bored so we turned left, went over the Canadian River and back towards O.K.City.

52 Plymouth
68 Mustang Convert
Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Junior User

snoman is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah, you were in lex as soon as you crossed the south canadian. hope you didn't have to wait to long on the bridge.

depending on were you wanted to go in Texas you only had an 1 1/2 to 2 more hours from Chickasha.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter