Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Ncaa

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:14 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ncaa

Well Friday is the day to test Tubby's skill at coaching.
Can he put a plan in action to shut down Utah's big man, or will he just let him go with one on one coverage with no double team hoping one man can't score enough points to beat us. I can't wait to see. Matter of fact I feel so bad right now that I don't think I can make it to work Friday night.

Also to all Louisville fans, congradulations on another great performance.

One thing that looks bad is all the fouls that are being called, the Louisville game had 9 fouls called in the first 4 min. or less. I was at work and could not watch it, only kept up with it on the internet, but it did not look good.
At no time any game should be determined by refs., the Arizona game was not a hole lot better.

Lets go UK, and UL. Would it be great to have a final between the two? (what a dream)

David

Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
Well, it is half time and it looks like Tubby has said that he is going to stick to single coverage on Utaha's big man and play defense, and alot of players.

So far it looks good to me.
Hope the second half is a duplicate of the first half.

Where are you Ryan?

David

Old 03-26-2005, 12:15 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was watching the game. I was out with friends watching it. Just got back. I like the end result. BUT Morris has got to quit fouling so much. Thank God woo and **** picked up his slack.

Bring on Michigan state.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
It will be a totally different game, Michigan St. is also a very deep team that likes to run, so look out.

I thought Kentucky played real well last night, and maybe they can match the performance Sunday.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:11 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
I certainly hope so. IF Morriss plays the way he did against UC, when they play Michigan St. I think Uk can beat them. It will be a good game. GO CATS!

Old 03-26-2005, 10:55 PM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
We have to say, good job Loouisville.

And what a job by Ill. both UL and Ill. both put on a great come back performance.
I can't remember a better NCAA touri., this is great to watch and listen to.

I sent Clark Kellog an email challenging his picks and I was right on both Kentucky and Louisville. Of course I have not heard anything back from him.

Kentucky has done better this year than I realisticly expected them to, but man do I love it.

David

Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Not sure as to who I will root for now. Just can't find in me to root for the cardinals. It blows that Kentucky lost; but they played one heck of a game.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
I agree, it was an entertaining game.
I will pull for the winner of the Ill. Lousville game.

David

Old 03-27-2005, 11:33 PM
85F250XLT
Senior User
Will suprise me if Illinois doesn't win the championship.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
RRobben
Junior User
I'vegot to pull for Pitino now

Man, the Michigan State game sucked! We should have won it in the first OT, but you have to give them credit for hanging in there. I'm kind of like you guys. We really did go farther than I thought we would, and we have all our starters back except for Hayes, so watch out for us next year!

I'm pulling for Pitino and the Cards the rest of the way. The guy did so much for us, and I can't help it. I still like the man! And, they are really exciting to watch. So, GO Cards!

Old 03-29-2005, 01:26 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
Your right, we should have won the game, but not just in over time. We should have won it when Sparks hit the 3 to send it to over time, they were so worried about where his foot was when he shot the ball, but what about where the defenders body was, it was against Sparks and no foul was called.

I will also pull for Rick, after all like I have posted before, who would not go home for more money, bottom line. When the fans booed him at Rup Areana, I thought it was distasteful and very selfish. The man has said he made a huge mistake. Maybe some people can't stand the thought that a coach would leave UK without being run off by the pressure of the fans and the Athletic Department? I don't know why there is so much hate, he brought Kentucky back to a point where it had not been in a long time.

I would say good luck Rick but GO!!! UK. my blood is blue no matter who is the coach.

David

Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 PM
RRobben
Junior User
I'm with you man!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Sparks got fouled. As soon as the ball went in I jumped up and screamed "He's going to the line too..just like the Louisville game!" But, in the end, we had our chances.

What was up with Sparks not playing in the second half? The guy hits 4 of 5 3 pointers in the first half, and he's no where to be found for the last 10 minutes of regulation. I couldn't figure that one out.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
The only explanation I can think of why Sparks did not play as much down the stretch, is maybe it was do to his lack of good defence skills. That is the only thing he is lacking.

There now is a rumor that Virgina is going to make Tubby an offer. It may be true, but it seems like every year this kind of rumor starts going around, that the coach may leave. They said Tubby was reported to say he was happy here and not going any where. But thats what Rick said, also his wife is from Virigina, so would they go home for more money? (it would be no where close to what Rick left for)

David

Old 03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
RRobben
Junior User
I would be really surprised if he left for Virginia. Why go to a lower level ACC program and get your butt beat twice a year by Duke, UNC, Wake, and the like? I think the guy is like a King here in Kentucky, and he already gets lots and lots of money. I mean, how much can you spend?

Old 04-01-2005, 12:05 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
Your more than likley right, like I said it is a rumor, but it made the local news.

Has anyone heard about new recruits we may be gettig for next year?

David

Quick Reply: Ncaa