Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

New Chapter Leader Time?

Old 03-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
New Chapter Leader Time?

I have been in this position for a year now...or close. I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on getting a new CL and see if they can get this group going better than I have accomplished in my tenure.

I've lately had a bunch of new projects, here at home and online, plus helping my wife by doing some volunteer work at her jobsite, so I haven't had a lot of time even for moderating as well and as often as I should be.

Your thoughts? I'll keep maintaining the Drifters store no matter who takes CL, if that's what's decided here.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can understand where you are coming from,as I wonder the same myself. It does take a bit of time and a lot of effort, and is very discouraging when there are no results. It hasn't been discussed here, and it hasn't really been discussed in the Iowa forum, but annual renewals I think probably should be, just to give others a chance to get in if they feel they want to, and to let those of us in the position out if we so choose for whatever the reason, it would help prevent situations like happened to Missouri, where the leader split without so much as a see ya. As for just putting you out, I don't see the need, you have a real tough area to cover. I have just one state to deal with, and it can be trying, it only gets worse with the lesser population, and the greater distances. So as for the job you have done, I see nothing wrong, but I fully understand getting a bit tired of it and would like to hand it off. I have been so financially troubled lately that it is diffcult for me to show up at meets, and I feel the leader should be able to attend as many as possible, so it would seem it would be better to hand off rather than make the image of the leader look bad. Time constraints make it hard as well. So I guess what I am getting at, is if you wish to retire, it is not a bad thing, you have put a lot in, and it takes a lot out of you to do it, I fully understand. If you wish to do so, state it clearly, I know it can be hard, and you don't want to upset anyone, but it would seem to be good for you to hand off, as it is stressing you too much to continue. It is not a bad thing to hand it off, you have done as good as you can with what you have to work with.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:59 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
I see no reason to change. I've been busy putting my 48 back together so I have been quiet lately. Gotta get together and have a 'meeting' one of these days. We do meet as best we can - just the other night I was talking to Michael by phone while he was conversing with Matt by IM. That was an interesting three-way chat

Thanks for all you do Dick - we love 'ya!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Appreciate that Tim and fellro. I'm not planning on resigning or anything. Like I said, my time is being taken up a lot lately with other adventures.

Oh, by the way Tim .. Penney's has a BEAUTIFUL F1 T-shirt for $4.99. I got one and it's great! I'll send ya an e-mail.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love those three ways, Tim!

I think everything is going just fine Dick...

Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know what you mean about getting busy with stuff....i'm thinking that i may hafta go in and apply at checker for a second job, even part time a couple nights a week, just to gain some extra cash...and a discount on parts, as i now have 2 trucks and possibly a 3rd on the way, depending how some horse-trading goes with the guy....anyway, dick, i think for the most part you've done well with your position, and would be all for things staying as is...just cuz it ain't seemed like a lot's gotten done, you've still tried hard...people most times just don't seem to have time or money in their own schedules to do the things we'd all like to do...

just my thoughts...

MontanaFord

Old 03-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MontanaFord
, as i now have 2 trucks and possibly a 3rd on the way,

Thats wonderful news Mike, have you picked out a name yet? just kiddin...

I heard through the grapevine that we will be opening a store in your neck of the woods pretty soon...

Old 03-29-2005, 12:59 AM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I worked in an auto parts store, I'd owe the store money on payday! So I'd have to get a third job to pay for the second job's debt.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:46 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
very funny matt...very funny....ha ha ha....that's cool that you guys are lookin at opening a store up here...what's starting pay? depending what it is, i might go to work there....lol....if they'd hire me....as far as working at an auto parts store goes, i'd wait till payday to buy all my stuff, but i'd make sure that it was ordered and there a day or two in advance, and set aside w/ my name on it...hehehe...

the truck i may be getting is an early/mid 70's f-250 2wd w/ what i believe is a 390...won't know till i jerk the heads and have the numbers checked....

MontanaFord

Old 03-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I thought you worked at Checker Auto, Matt. We already have one and the town's growing too fast as it is. Tell 'em to forget it!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I work at Bumper to Bumper... have for the last year... way to pay attention....

Kalispell is a prime location for us.... we beat Checker's prices on almost everything they sell should be good for the locals...

Old 03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to beat Checker here - retail sales anyway - customer service is......... well, put it this way - they're doing you a favor waiting on you. They have a pretty solid commercial program that keeps the doors open. IMHO

Your competition will be NAPA. The team of counter guys they have is tops. Plus its the only place in the valley I can ask for parts for my 48 - if they don't have it on the shelf, they can get it next day from Spokane.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I don't know whats really going to happen... the owner of our company died last august, and the company has been for sale since then... They are considering an employee owned store. If that happens we'll definetly be opening a lot of stores.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:44 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
i know what you're saying, tim...the retail boys at checker just don't seem like they have it all together sometimes...NAPA, i know i can go in there, ask questions, and generally get good straight solid answers...or they can point me in a direction of who to talk to about my question...matt, i think bumper to bumper could give checker a solid run for their business...what kinda hours u run? cuz checker runs till 9 pm like 6 nites a week...that's pretty close to the only thing i like about them over napa...'course, napa opens 1/2 hour earlier in the mornings, too...but they're still closed at 7, and lotsa times, if i'm workin on my truck in the evening, 7 pm don't stick around very long....then it's gone, and checker's the last option....

Michael

Old 04-09-2005, 09:09 PM
nobrandx
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Matts 72 my brother in law runs one of the bumper to bumper stores here in Gt.
Falls. BTW I'll be in Billings this summer to bring down our F-16 static display for recruiting will have to link up