2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield cracked

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:52 PM
transam396
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool windshield cracked

nice 65 degree day went to wash my 04 screw rinsed it off with the waterhose and heard a fairly loud pop . got in my truck the next morning and what do i see a crack in my windshield that runs from the top all the way to the bottom right in the freakin middle of the window (no chips on windsheild ). take it to the dealer and have to listen to how most ppl who have this problem have rock chips in the window but after much searching u don't have any so we'll fix it (wanted to smack him ) . so has anyone else had this happen I mean 100 degree's i could understand but 65???? and oh yeah the drivers window had been left cracked all night so no way it was hot inside

Old 03-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Dunk
Elder User
Yeah, my 84' F250 did it twice in the first week before it had 200 miles on it. The dealer replaced it no problem and kept saying it must not have been seated right. Both times it cracked in the same place, right in front of me at the top. Both times it happened while the truck was sitting parked in the sun in Aug.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
kize
Senior User
Originally Posted by transam396
nice 65 degree day went to wash my 04 screw rinsed it off with the waterhose and heard a fairly loud pop . got in my truck the next morning and what do i see a crack in my windshield that runs from the top all the way to the bottom right in the freakin middle of the window (no chips on windsheild ). take it to the dealer and have to listen to how most ppl who have this problem have rock chips in the window but after much searching u don't have any so we'll fix it (wanted to smack him ) . so has anyone else had this happen I mean 100 degree's i could understand but 65???? and oh yeah the drivers window had been left cracked all night so no way it was hot inside
I feel your pain. I had 3000 miles on mine. A really nice piece of junk thru a .25 inch chunk of sand ( according to the state of wash) and broke mine. Replacement work was a sad affair. I guess I expect to much from a dealership. Be picky where you take it. On the plus side, I got ride of my flaw in my old windshield.