Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Freshman User

Mikeleew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Still dealing with a fresh gas smell

Will someone please describe for me the proper routing of the vent tube for my 65 Econoline? It is currently coming out of the top of the tank, through the frame, up into the back quarter where is then loops back down and is forced into a hole in the frame. I still have no leaks.

Thanks,
Michael.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Postmaster

66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.
It sounds like your venting tube is running in the right area.
Is the problem that you are getting a gas smell. Am I right. You then may have holes corroded in the pipes. I had to fix mine and what I used was just some rubber hose connected to the pipes at both ends. There should not be any gas running through this pipe as it is to vent and keep the pressure equal in the tank.
Is the pipes plugged, thus not allowing proper venting. See if you can blow air back into the tank.
Make sure you have no gas line leaks along the route to the engine. You checked the lines at the fuel pumps and carb. That could cause the smell to enter the cargo area of your van.
First make sure your lines are not plugged or corroded causing the smell to come inside.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Freshman User

Mikeleew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile What Pipe?

What pipe are you talking about? Is there a pipe in the frame that the vent tube is plugging into? I believe my new vent tube goes high enough that no liquid is making it to the end. I have no visable gas on the ground that I can see.
I will be replacing the pump, fuel lines (hard and soft), and putting on an edlebrock intake with 4 barrel carb in the next week or so. I will also be installing a new HEI distributer and gas shocks. Any advice before I start all of this?
Thanks,
Michael.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline

Tags
1967, econoline, f100, ford, fuel, gas, odor, smell, truck, van, vents