Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Bowhunter Education classes

Spring is here - must be as we're a little more than a week from our first Bow Ed class of the season here in region 1. There are already 40 guys/gals signed up. Registration for this one was closed several weeks ago.

If you want to bow hunt, make sure you get registered for one of the next classes. Region 1 in nw Montana has multiple classes every month thru July.
For those of you outside of MT, this is the IBEF course, allowing you to hunt internationally.

One of the things we do that is absent in the regular Hunter's Ed is our famous blood-trailing course. The practical aspect is tops and allows people to ask questions in a group. The 'blood' of course is glycerine and food coloring, but does a fair job of imitating the real thing. Students are surprised at how different it looks on rocks vs. snow vs. tree bark vs. weeds vs. bare dirt, etc.

At our instructor's training session a couple of weeks ago I was recognized for 10 years of instructing. Time sure flies. It's one of the things I do just to give back to a sport that has given me so much over the years. It puts the hunt back in hunting and gives you a deeper appreciation for the wildlife around you. Definitely a spiritual aspect to it.

We're keeping up with technology - I'm working tonight to put our teaching outline on powerpoint and will use pictures from previous classes, hunts, etc. Can't wait for fall - bugles echoing across an October mountainside on a frosty morning................
Old 03-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
No kidding tim... I've already got 5 years in...

There are 4 Bowhunter classes this spring and summer here in Reg. 5. I won't have time to go to any of them.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Elder User

MontanaFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey tim...can you let me know when the classes are? i might want to sit in on one, if i can, to see if there's any new material, and see what i remember from when i took it so long ago (i think it was in 1998....lol)

Michael
Old 03-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
I talked to Michael by phone, but for the rest of you that might be interested the first class starts today. This class is full - contact FWP for scheduling. Most instructors will welcome a former student who wants to sit in on a class as a refresher.

Next Kalispell classes are set for
April 12/15/16/18
May 10/13/14/16
June 14/17/18/20
July 5/8/9/11

All classes are held at the Trap Club and run from 6:30-9 pm. The Saturday field course is 9 am - 12 noon.

Matt, I hope you can find a class to help teach.

Last edited by mtflat; 03-22-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:03 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
2008, bowhunting, suv, truck