2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New muffler installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Lashlaroo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New muffler installed

Installed a Flowmaster Hushpower muffler this morning. I removed the factory muffler because the muffler housing and pipe forward of the muffler had turned bright blue to brown. Extream high heat caused the discoloration. "Deduction" Stock muffler was too restrictive. There is all kinds of room under there for any muffler you might want. I chose the Hushpower for price and I hate the flowmaster 40's that are on my Mustang. I did not go with Duels. Just replaced the muffler. Very Deep rumble, no vibration / noise comes thru into the cab. (unlike the 40's) At low RPM it sounds great, could be a bit louder, but you won't wake the neighbors in the morning. At highway speed it's a smooth deep base sound. I think all around it's perfect. If it was louder it would be bothersom on long trips but that would be just right for the trips to town. Bottom line; Get rid of the factory muffler!! the Hushpower is great for the family truckster or those of us getting older and don't want that much attention from the police etc. Picture in the gallery under "Wife's truck"

Old 03-14-2005, 04:45 PM
grey77
Senior User
Sounds great - did ya have any problems that the rest of use should be aware of ?

Old 03-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Lashlaroo
Senior User
It's not a straight pipe install. the outlet of the stock muffler starts the bend over the axle. The aft cut was made at the top of the arch over the axle, the front cut was in front of the factory slip connection. 14" of new pipe on the front of the new muffler. that was straight! aft piece was about 12" inches long with two bends. $60 at the local muffler shop and 30/40 min.