1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

99 F150 Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
GoonMX
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 F150 Help

hey, i need some help really fast. i checked out a lifted F150 99 that was damaged a little today. Im really interested in the truck and got a good deal for it. Its a triton v8 4X4 and all but it was hit. It needs a new hood, right front fender, a little roof work, and a headlight i know of so far.

Other problems while test drive was it seemed kinda woobly and pulled a little to one side. Im thinking that it may be that the tires are a little low plus its lifted(4inch susp. and 3 inch body i think). The guy also admitted that it probably needs wheel alignment but im hopping thats it. This is the first time ive ridden in a truck lifted like this so i dont know how it's supposed to feel.
Oh yea and on one side atleast theres these bolts that rub when u turn to one side. the guy said he thinks somethin wasnt doen when it was lifted but it doesnt look too hard to fix. The deal he gave us was really good so i dont know what to do. With the money we save we could make it just as good or better than most im thinking.
http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/9c/96/9d_3.JPG
http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/9c/c8/7d_3.JPG

Last edited by GoonMX; 03-13-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
hometheaterman
Junior User
As I said on TT don't do it man too much damage to too much stuff. I especially wouldn't with roof damage as it can mess up the whole structure of the truck. Plus the frame is mostlikely bent and no telling what else is wrong. Way too much stuff wrong with it I know you think your getting a good deal but honestly I don't think you are.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:14 PM
hometheaterman
Junior User
Just curious how much does he want for it? Also what engine?

Old 03-14-2005, 01:35 PM
GoonMX
New User
we arent positive yet but we might be able to get it for $5000 tonight. it has a v8 5.4L engine it in :0

oh yea and is the roof damage that bad? this will be my first truck and the thing i "learn" to drive with so it doesnt matter to me if its perfect. ill fix what i can for the price. the only thing i want to check before buying it is the frame and other major parts. we will find the deal out tonight and if it goes we are gettin it checked later this week.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:03 PM
hometheaterman
Junior User
If it was me I wouldn't walk away I would run. Way too much stuff wrong with it. I'm strongly suspect you will never get it right and especially not with a lift. $5000 is a whole lot for a truck with that much damage and that many problems. I guess in the end it is up to you but I wouldn't do it and from the respones I have seen on TT it doesn't seem like anyone else would either. I realize you want to save money and don't matter if it has a few dents or what not but I think appearance is the least of your worries with that truck. If not much was wrong with it don't you think that guy would just fix it?

Old 03-14-2005, 10:04 PM
hometheaterman
Junior User
Plus the frame may be bent and you may not be able to tell I would not buy it.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:40 PM
sbeII
Junior User
I think i have to agree with hometheatreman, it sounds like there is alot of damage that might never be the same again. Have you looked into how much you would spend on hood...fender...ext? Its a high output/big risk envestment, you might be able to fix it without a problem and save alot of money while your at, or you could end up spending $5000 plus repair and it may never drive properly(especialy with the two lifts).But its up to you. Let us know what you decide to do. GOOD LUCK!
John
99 f-150 ext. cab(83k)
rear steel buper..grilleguard w/4 KC lights
tool box..bed linner
dual exaust..K&N air intake...<!-- / message -->

Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
2000 F-150
Junior User
I think after looking at the pic's that I'd have to agree with everyone else. It may cost more than it's worth. The truck may never be right when it's fixed. It's a gamble but maybe you should be patient and look for another deal.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:22 AM
SHUSTANG
Senior User
maybe its just me or the way the pic was taken but the rear axle doesnt look like its in there straight. bent rim maybe but maybe not. just figured id say something.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:42 PM
GoonMX
New User
well i guess ill let it pass ;( . i guess ill just get a stock truck and lift it...but dont know what to get. might not get a ford, but i might....

Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 AM
hometheaterman
Junior User
I think you probably made a good decisison. That truck looked nice and I would probably say go for it if it hadn't been wrecked. Are you sure you want a lift? I know they look nice but you seemed to be worried about the cost and not only are lifts not cheap to start with they seem to be harder on the truck and wear stuff out faster. I'm not a fan of stock trucks and really like lifts but they do cost more.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Merculous
Junior User
That cab looks bitched! Don't forget the inner fender and the rad support is most likely bitched and that means "FRAME SHOP" I would barter him on his price and buy it as a parts donor truck. Lots of good used parts, buy a stock truck and transfer the goodies. You could probably sell the motor , tranny ,transfer case, and box to put some cash in your pocket.Then keep the rims and tires, lift kits, and whatever toys for your stock truck. Also that truck could be some fun in the mean time to rip around in the mud and water. Or maybe get a quote on some parts to fix it or get a shop to check the frame before parting it out. Always think ahead for your next project. Good Luck!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:17 PM
hometheaterman
Junior User
If he is 16 I don't think he wants a $5k truck sitting there that isn't really fixable and just to use parts which are most likely screwed up anyway. The rims may be bent I would guess that parts in the lift are bent basically if the engine is good he could probably sell that and maybe the seats or something which most people seem to end up just giving away as not many people seem to buy them and basically not $5k worth of stuff. I wouldn't buy it at all but if I did I don't think I would pay more than $1k and really wouldn't pay that. Honestly I would never spend anything on it although it is a nice truck and I might had it not been wrecked and it looks like in a bad wreck. Was it rolled?

Old 03-16-2005, 09:25 PM
GoonMX
New User
It went into a ditch and fell on its side a little. Im still looking into it but i doubt ill get it. If i do decide to try, i wont without getting it inspected.

Quick Reply: 99 F150 Help