General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

email address

Old 11-23-2001, 02:59 PM
tbolt 460
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email address

how do i change my email address??

Old 11-23-2001, 03:05 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
email address

Click "User Menu" to change any of your settings or FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions....

Old 11-23-2001, 04:03 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
email address

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Nov-01 AT 05:05 PM (EST)]I just saw an article about changing e-mail accounts in the local paper -

For whatever it's worth, most e-mail services at AOL, and so on, will forward your e-mail to a new account if you switch service providers. Some don't, but there are services out there that manage to forward your mail anyway - for a small fee naturally. It think it's typically about $5.oo a month.

The other option would of course be to leave an old ISP account open for the sake of e-mail...

Most ISP's (internet service providers), clubs, and other organisations - including hotmail - have what you can think of as e-mail "Fetching" services, where you login, add your other account names and login keys, and the service will collect all of your other mail into one place for you.

The problem is, if a number of your other accounts are being spammed, then you have a large spam concentration all in one big heap.

Theory has it that one big pile is better than several little piles, but I usually just let people know what my current account is, if I find one buried so deep in litter it isn't worth it.

One of the options on hotmail that has worked very well for me, is that it can be set so that no e-mails coming in go anywhere but the trash unless the address on it is someone already in my address book -

In other words, you can set up an "exclusive" account. It excludes unauthorised mails no matter who they are from...

An account like that might be worth using a "fetch" arrangement to collect.

~Wolf

Old 11-25-2001, 10:50 AM
jcrawford1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email address