Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Elder User

fordloverf2501970 is starting off with a positive reputation.
time for flying

With the nice weather we had last weekend i couldnt help but get my corsair out of the hanger and go flying. Spent saturday burning alot of $25 a gallon fuel, sunday i was out again but my motor mount became loose and had to put her away til i get time to go thru that. Was a little too windy sunday anyway. i dont mind flying or taking off in high wind but it sure is a pain landing in it. Soon when the weather become warm all the time, i willbe flying all the time on the weekends. my soon to be 10 year old wants to learn to fly this year so i am pretty much going to be training him all spring and early summer. i am hoping by july he is ready to solo so i can get out of the pattern flying and back into aerobatics. Does anyone else fly RC Planes ? ( radio controlled airplanes) Wouldnt mind meeting up with anyone that does. I fly scale models warbirds most of the time, but i do have a ultimate Bi-Plane i fly too from time to time. Unfourtnly the old ford gets put on the back burner during the summer. too much flying to do, plus with twins on the way and looking for a new house i dont know how much time i going to have for anything besides work.
if it is in english, Thank a Soldier !
Currently truckless and Laid Off!
but i am happy!
Old 03-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Man I did that a very little a long time ago, and always wanted to get back into it but never did not even sure I could get er done anymmore but one of these days I am gonna have to do it.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Elder User

fordloverf2501970 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i used to be big time into it, had 13 different planes, including a spacewalker with a 12 foot wingspan. that one plane alone cost me $1800 to build it. Used to travel around to different fly ins. took alot of time up in the summer and some in the winter. now i only have a few planes left. my coursair and a 4 star and a ultimate bi plane i am currently selling on ebay. it is a fun hobby but is a little expensive to get started into. But i still enjoy it when i can.
if it is in english, Thank a Soldier !
Currently truckless and Laid Off!
but i am happy!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
for a minute there i thought you were talking about a real plane. i was thinkin, hes gonna let a 10 year old drive a plane? lol
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Posting Guru

truckertaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
RC PLanes are something I have always wanted to try...I love to run RC cars and trucks, but never had the opertunity to try a plane...I was told by many people it is an expensive hobby, so I guess I am stuck to just wishing I could do it

Teamster local 421
Do not disturb.....Already disturbed
Old 03-19-2005, 10:13 AM
New User

Fly'nHawaiian is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I was young my old man put me in the front seat of a PA-18 (piper cub) slapped me in the back of the head and said "Keep your wings level and dont crash, I'm gonna take a nap" , talk about pressure for an 11 year old!
Soon it will be my sons turn.......................

ALOHA,

Fly'nHawaiian----------

[poWeRISnoTHIngwITHoUTconTRol]
Old 03-19-2005, 10:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter