Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Lookin to Buy a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:21 PM
78duffman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Lookin to Buy a new truck

Okay, im lookin at buying a 77 f-250 with a 400 motor. The motor was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago, there is no exhaust, just manifolds, the truck runs but needs a major tune up as it has not been ran in almost a year. The body of the truck is solid but rusty, there is rust about the rear fenders and in cab corners all other rust i can see seems to be surface along with bad paint fading. The interior is in bad condition from being worn out. Just wondering what you guys all think. I am willing to put some work into it. I figure if i strip the paint use some bondo work and just throw some black auto paint on it, some newer rims and 33's, along with a tune up of plugs, wires, oil change, air filter, etc, then dual exhaust (glasspacks true dual in front of tires with tips) it will be fine, im not looking for a show truck, i am looking for a mud/fun truck.

The truck is 4x4 with the explorer package. I have talked the seller down to $600 but i think i may be able to get it for $500 is this a good deal?

Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
the real Broncoholic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it manual or auto? c6?
find out which t-case it has. np203 or np205?
what axels?
any running truck with working 4x4, dana 44 and 9 inch, and a 400 is worth $500 at the most.