2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suddenly Power Windows Wont Work.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Page 4 Dealer Statement

H (N/C) record tire condition, tire pressure, and tire tread depth
All four tires
Tires (N/C) record tire condition, tire pressure
, and tire tread depth all four tires
5XX GRXXX, SHXXXXXX LIC#: 84XX
ITS (N/C)
GTire “Checked and ok” (7/32 OK Greater)
(9A407/9C407/9H307/9H318/9350) – L
5XX GRXXX, SHXXXXXX LIC#: 84XX
W94 (N/C)
7728 Tires at 10/32

I ** We have special ordered parts which will be required to complete
Your vehicle our appointment coordinator will call when your
Parts have arrived.
SPO we have special ordered parts which will be
Required to complete your vehicle, our
Appointment coordinator wil call when your parts have arrived.
999 ITS (N/C)
SPECIAL TOUCHY FEELY SERVICE STATEMENT

END

Old 03-30-2005, 10:26 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like normal, with oil change. Fuel pump problem looks like they found it in the diagnostic. The cluster module is undoubtably bad, and the fuel pump had a 'contact' problem. Probably a bad install, probably only a 'potential' problem. That's a pun, sorry. I mean the pump had a high resistance, indicating pinched etc. connection. Factory install problem.
That's just based on what I read here. I haven't been a Ford mech for three decades, but still worked in the field for 30 years.

If they didn't make a mess in your truck, or scrape up anything, I would feel fine taking it back in to this shop. I think you did right switching shops.
Best of luck with it,
Chris

Old 04-01-2005, 01:04 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Thanks for the advice, I hope they font screw up my new truck. I am VERY concerned!

Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Dave, I completely understand your fears, the local caddy dealership trashed my wife's coupe through complete incompetence.

However, you need to get this done.

One thing that may help you is these trucks are very 'modular' as they are intended to be worked on by moro.. er better make that semi skilled workers. Pulling the dash apart on this truck is an easy task for a ten year old with limited tool skills.

It's true that they can still louse things up, but I don't think that will happen with this kind of problem.

I think more damage was done with the 'gold' kit install than is apparent.
That blown fuse worries me. As to the fuel pump, well, don't know if they had another reason to pull it.

As to 'drumming up business' with unneeded repairs, as long as this is under warranty, I don't think that will happen. The return isn't that great from warranty work, and, let's face it, if they want to 'fake' the need for warranty work, they won't actually do anything to the truck, just tell you they did.

Good luck with the posting, you may have to remove some of the 'format' marks to get it to take it. Try putting the content into Word, then cutting and pasting into Notepad, then cut and paste into the forum. Takes a minute, but it cleans up the misc junk that their system doesn't like to post.
Chris
Great minds think alike. That is what I had done with Notepad before reading this. Just hadnt finished typing it all up yet. I realized my OCR Software sucked pretty bad!

Old 04-01-2005, 01:08 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Switching shops from which one? I am tired tonight, but did I say that I switched, or wondered if I should?

The problem is, this dealer is the one that did scrape oil and grease up our focuse, then caused it to have untracable stall problems after they took out the dash and replaced it for an A/C Vent problem. Never ran right again and almost killed my family. But that is another story, got bought back from Ford.

Anyway, they actually gave me such a deal on the truck to bring me back as a customer that I couldnt resist. We figured we would give this shop another try, seeing as they were always very nice and courteous and on top of things before the car got F*&^*& up. The local dealer here, closest to us, are jerks, treat you like crap and wont let you see anything once it goes in their shop. Dont trust them either. I feel like we are between a rock and a hard spot!

I dont like this feeling!

I am going to try to trade up my ODBII Code reader for one that reads CAN as well.

Thanks for your inputs, let me know if you have any others.

Thanks!

Dave

Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Looks like normal, with oil change. Fuel pump problem looks like they found it in the diagnostic. The cluster module is undoubtably bad, and the fuel pump had a 'contact' problem. Probably a bad install, probably only a 'potential' problem. That's a pun, sorry. I mean the pump had a high resistance, indicating pinched etc. connection. Factory install problem.
That's just based on what I read here. I haven't been a Ford mech for three decades, but still worked in the field for 30 years.

If they didn't make a mess in your truck, or scrape up anything, I would feel fine taking it back in to this shop. I think you did right switching shops.
Best of luck with it,
Chris

Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Luthier
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here and kicking up an OLD DUSTY thread

Wow, sorry to do this but,, was there any resolve to this issue/issues??
I have an 2003 SC F150, with these issues and more.
Things that aren't working;
Power Windows
Moon Roof
Interior front roof console courtesy lights
Hazard Flashers
Turn Signals
OBD Port
Radio Back light
A/C Module back light
Door Ajar bell
Brake not engaged safety feature to release shifter lever
Engine compartment Hood Lamp
A/C blower stuck @ high speed
Probably more, I started crying at this point(Close) like an idiot....

Here's what happened, Engine over heated due too a relay on my E-Fan, my trailer was attached at the time the relay died causing it to over heat.
Water did not go in to engine bay at all, I didn't have to rinse anything off either.
Next day the turn signals started to act sporadically. Changed out Relay #4 to no avail.
Next was to be the Flasher Relay next to the A/C blower relay that resides under the dash next to the console.
I pulled both out to determine which was which, upon figuring that out which it was, I replaced the proper one (Blue) in color and reinserted the other to no avail,,, so I thought....but wait this is where it gets good,,,

Now all the above is going on. Currently detached the battery and charging it to insure a fully charged battery, in hopes it may have been the cause and to re-set the electronics.....

PLEASE HELP