Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Postmaster

Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Meetings, meetings, meetings. . .

Lets discuss meetings! We still need to have our BIG chapter meeting. We also need to encourage local meetings as well. We need to get out and meet each other! In an effort to maximize the turnout for the Chapter meeting, I want to toss out a few different things we could do or attend and see what you guys think about them. Ability to get time off, driving distance, etc.

-Fun Ford Weekend
Will be held at the Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg on June 24-26.
Kind of early for a complete schedule of events, but looks to be fun! Also has lodging information.

-We have many State parks that would be great for just a serious, good ole' fashion cookout! Its all about location! How far is everyone willing to drive? Any fisher-men/women here? Trails? We could also do 2-3 of these a year. Each one closer to those who drove the farthest the last time.

-Crashing someones house is always an option! Whos going to volunteer?

Just some ideas. If you have one, please share!

Local meetings! We shouldn't have to wait for the Chapter meeting to start meeting each other or for the Chapter Leader to organize one. If your in Northen Virginia and want to meet other Northen Virginia Chapter members, post and organize a local meet. If your out in the mountains, make a shout-out! This is also on the hope that this chapter will continue to expand and diversify, and we may need to break the state into 2-3 regions with their own "regional leader/officer/president". Just some thoughts, please, post and comment!

P.S. Don't forget about the race posted HERE
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
New User

Cavalryman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Virginia Chapter Organization

I think that you have the right idea concerning a 3 regional grouping. Each region could have an organizational secretary that would report to the state chapter leader. My personal feelings are that the overall state chapter meeting should occur approximately in the middle of the state. It should also take place in a setting that does not detract from the main purpose of the first chapter meeting which is to get organized. A state park or convention center type space would be more conducive to conducting business than a racetrack or car show.

The regional meetings could take place anywhere and the results forwarded on to the chapter leader for inclusion into the next state chapter gathering. You have solicited discussion so my suggestions are now posted.

I live not far out of Richmond, but I am not opposed to driving a few hours each way to make the state chapter a solid group within FTE. I will also contribute personal time to assist with the development and operation of a Virginia Chapter. Having said all that, I will support the decision of the majority.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Postmaster

Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Your probably right. But I can't see electing a few other officers taking no more than an hour. No matter what we do for the State meeting, we still should do FFW
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website
Old 03-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Senior User

65vamonster is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am always willning to donate my house for the greater good in the tidewater area. As for events upcoming there are a few around to consider
-Mud Bog at VMP on the 19th.
-Swap meets in Chesapeake tommorrow and the 12th. These might not amount to much but I am still going to check them out.
-I don't know if anyone else enjoys racing but I autocross with the SCCA every first Sunday of the month starting in April, but obviously not with my truck. There was a guy last year autocrossing a Ford Ranger though.
-Check out newtown raceway for some sand drag racing
-Carlisle swap meet April 20-24th. Anybody who can travel and get some time off work could meet up from around the state and head in that direction.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Senior User

stutterstan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Franken has some good ideas. Whatever is decided I'll be there (unless, of course, the wife nags)
Old 03-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but the first time I ever went to the Shenandoah Valley- Skyline Drive, it was a beautiful day, and the first road trip I ever took with my girl, who eventually became my wife- I was fortunate enough to see a group of about 30 Prowlers, all stopped at one of the rest areas there. It was quite a sight, to say the least, but it also made me think that it might be a good place to have a meet. I mean, it's pretty close to the middle of the state, and it's quite lovely in the spring. They have restaurants available and camping, too (I think). waddya think??

Stu
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Junior User

TurboMonkey is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey all... I'm new to the F150's (drove a ranger as my first love)... and new to the group but I'm very involved with a Subaru group and my guy also hangs out with an RSX group on occ. (he own's a WRX, no hating needed...

They do both do annual drives on Skyline and it's absolutely a blast... it's beautiful countryside and has some great places to stop and have a cook out. I'm up for that idea, might be great in the fall or spring?

I think the Northern Virginian's (Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas) gang should start holding a bi-monthly (or maybe weekly?) meet?

There's plenty of shopping centers and such that don't care if you hang out as long as you aren't getting in the way or causing trouble... any thoughts?

99' F150 V8 (5.4L) 4x4 Club Cab
Old 03-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Senior User

Another Subie enthusiast on the Ford boards? What are the odds. Are you on NASIOC or one of the other sites. Skyline drive would be an awesome place to go. I have been there twice and it is well worth the drive.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vamonster
Another Subie enthusiast on the Ford boards? What are the odds. Are you on NASIOC or one of the other sites. Skyline drive would be an awesome place to go. I have been there twice and it is well worth the drive.
Yep, I'm turbomonkey on Nasioc as well as ClubWRX (BF is a moderator on ClubWRX)... you on those boards as well?? what suby do you have?

Old 03-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Senior User

I have an 02 WRX wagon. I post on NASIOC as scoobi02.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Postmaster

Skyline drive, eh? Whats up that way?
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website
Old 03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vamonster
I have an 02 WRX wagon. I post on NASIOC as scoobi02.
Very cool, like I've said, I'm TurboMonkey (I'm in the Mid-A threads the most) and he's BeastCivic... neat to see the crossover! Hopefully we'll see you at the race in April?

Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
Skyline drive, eh? Whats up that way?
http://www.blueridgeskyline.com/

Cooter's used to be off 211... sadly, it and The General are gone now...

Old 03-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Elder User

yomow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok, some were near the center of the state sounds great for a meeting ! Let's make & place a date. The 20th of March sounds good one week before Easter weekend any one know or think of a place near Charlottesville, Viriginia & any one else know of a place to have it This is near I-64 , I could ask a freind of mine to help find a place near that area ! Or any other dates , or thought's

Any input ???? Don Cross
Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Postmaster

Check this out.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...oid=71402.jpeg

(Don't remember how to display images )

Good idea of where everyones coming from, at least those who have checked in. Charlottesville looks like a pretty good place to meet. Maybe even just west of Richmond. You guys have to let me know whats out there, incase i need to make reservations, or check out whats open till when, what we may need to bring, etc. Or, if you want, i can surprise you The date for this should be a bit later than the 20th of March, maybe mid April, that way everyone has ample time to make time for this.
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 03-08-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter