Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

where do i find auto paint int tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:37 PM
mgman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do i find auto paint int tulsa

i just got a new spray gun, and im wanting to paint my go kart, after i add soem stuff to it, and i was wondering were i could get some cheap automotive paint, including clear coat, in ttown

Old 03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
mgman, I got a place and name to hook you up with. I tried to send you an email, but you've got your account setup to not accept emails. Just shoot me an email and I'll send ya the contact info. I used his brands for painting my antique boat. I can't remember the name brand, but I got the info at home.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my minimal experience with automotive type paint, ive found oriellys has a decent selection.....

Old 03-04-2005, 03:55 PM
jja65
5th Wheeling
discount auto paint on 11th about 2 blocks east of sherdian

Old 03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
mgman
Senior User
cigar, you got mail,
im getting a welder alsok, so i can finsih up this trailer i rebuilt, so i can tow it behind the go kart, matching paint schemes, prolly matte black, or liek matte blakc with green flames, ill figure it out, that last thing i painted was a polycarbonate body for one of my rcs and it was awesome looking, althou the rc bit the dust after 6 months of country driving

Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
mgman
Senior User
oh ya thanks cigar
heres what im painting, im goign to use it with soem camo netting adn the trailer as a moving paintball bunker, kinda like a tank with a bunker being hauled behind it

i could get good pics oft eh trailer cuz it was dark, even with the flash on
but heres the go kart it used to be green but they guy i bought it from painted it in ou colors

i jacked the license plate off my moms new van

Old 03-04-2005, 09:50 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
i have the same motor on my gokart, a tecumse 5HP, i wasnt impressed when i bought it brand new and put it on the kart,it would only go 15mph, but i altered the governor springs on the throttle and now it goes 30mph with no problem....my friend has a kart with an identical motor but different gear ratios so he can hit almost 40 on his, but i smoke him off the line and can get through tougher situations than he can cause mine has torque like crazy......only thing is i lost the end of my left pointer finger in the clutch and chain at top speed, all i can say about that is OUCH!!!! but man they are fun, im 28 and STILL love riding them whenever i can........

Old 03-04-2005, 10:19 PM
mgman
Senior User
actual that a 6.5hp with the option huge gallon tank, i think i can go 50 tops, see this was a groudn up rebuild i had no clue about it when i started in october, i had to buy a new motor (263.00) a new belt (20.00) cost of blowing your front tires off cuz your go kart goes so fast (priceless)
i just dropped 80.00 bucks on it for, brake pads, a new spring, new sliper *****, new sprockets, ( i havnt installed em yet) and a new chain

they dont even make the big sprocket ne more with the locking collar so im going to make a hub out of it, i rolled it twice, once i was jumping this spot where we used to jump the motorcyle, it kinda had a lip on it
and the whole thing got about 3 feet of air, in the lowest spot) but it was cockeyed the left wheel was about 5 foot off the ground (front) and teh right wheel was 3 feet (front) so when it hit the ground it did a summsalt (i cant spell)
second tiem i didnt have the back tire aired up and i did a duke of hazard slide and it came of the rim and flipped over

id psot the carnage in my gallery but thye keep deletign it
this thing has monster torque i can pull a chevy tracker no problem
this is what happens when you have a friend pulling on the back end to make it wheely , and a rusted spring,

btw the plate is bent cuz of the torque, so im going to drill holes int he back of the plate and wrench it down tight, and that would also keep the motor and th plate sliding back and forth, loosening and tighting the chain

every thing on this go kart is modified in soem way, like the seat, when i bought it it was just a board, which lead to me jumping it and hurting my back, (it has no supesnion so it launchs pretty easy) so me my dad made a be confy seat

heres that trailer
i started on this thing last decmebr but ran out of money, and the right wheel is rusted on there

ill get more pics later, in more detail when i get back with my new clutch, which i broke

Last edited by mgman; 03-04-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:34 PM
mgman
Senior User
that trailer is gong to planked out in treated wood, ive got about 15 sheets of 16 foot long treated would, im goign tot give it the old style truck sides, all the trailer needs is tires, and a couple things welded, right now i just lock it up to the go kart to haul trees with
i think with the cost of the gokart amd motor adn all parts ive spent like 600 bucks
the motor that came with it was soem 4hp racing motor, that was blown and was real tempamental, and the clutch would fit on it, so me and my fried would put it up on blcokes and start it adn push it off the blocks,

the guy that owneed it b4 me was a jock and was RETARDED OR SUMTHIN, he used window caulking to seal up the motor, ya window caulking, he didnt knwo how to redneck rig the throttle with ZIPTIES instead of getting new bolts for the new motor he bought for it, that had a mtor mounting plate, the bolts athat were on it, were for the motor i have now and were shanked like a 1/4 inch, so he just left em on there, and some had rubber stoppers which wore thru, he painted it , and didnt paint the bottom, so if i flipp over it will be red, green adn white, ill get sht theyll think im from across the border, no offence

im gonna try to wire up some lights off a fourhweeler battery so i can just recharge the battery at night, i have a job at my uncles campground, if your ever out my way its claled spring creek, and soem tiems i work late, adn its a quarter miel away form my house road wise

i plan on trying to make a roof rack, with those gun racks they use on fourwheelers to hold a shovel and rake, maybe my shotugn for dealing with ahole drunks , warning shot and a 28" barrel do the job well, and then having room for soem cloths, shells, and other crap in bags in the cage part of the rack

wow i gotta go , got a choir thing in the mornign at 8

Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 PM
mgman
Senior User
ya you gotta watch playing with those governors, i think we turned it a 16th and it popped a wheely and ran over our satlaite dish

Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
wiring lights up is easier than using a battery, the kill switch wire that is already on there is a positive, you can hook lights up to that wire, thats how they do it on the new ones, i was looking at one for sale, it had the same motor and the lights wires up that way from the factory.......i was wondering how you got that thing up to 50, but i see you have a torque-a-verter drive system on it, that must be the key, mine only has a centrifical clutch and a chain and sprocket, so its limited to what the sprocket will let it do......

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 03-04-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:32 AM
mgman
Senior User
ya that big pulley changes sizes so ya it goes quite fast, ive also tinkered witht he governor and it goes fast

Old 03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
mgman
Senior User
well today i bought a new clutch 75.00 , i get home and break another spring as shown above, apparently soemone put it in backwards **cough cough mydad cough couah**

Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Heya mgman, I just replied to your email. Looks like you've got a fun project there. I'm building a two seater go cart for my 3 year old son. It's not gonna be anywhere near as fast or sporty but it will be wide enough for two people to sit on.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:22 PM
mgman
Senior User
look to comet for you clutches and trannys, they seeem to make pretty good ones, as long as there not rusted