Help-stock To New Volant Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help-Stock To New Volant Air Intake

I am hoping for your help.I just received my new VOLANT air intake for my new 04 5.4 F150.If anyone can give me directions/walk me through the removal of stock intake and installation of Volant I sure would appreciate it.I have a diagram/scetch of Volant but that is all.I just want to do it right without breaking anything and have truck run good without check engine lights after installation.Your help and guidance certainly will be appreciated.Thank You!

Last edited by Ruckus; 03-02-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

Have you tried tech support at www.volantperformance.com

Steve

Last edited by Steina; 03-02-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Yes, Volant told me that they are out of instructions?They said they would send me instructions when they get more in?I think I will be waiting a long time to install, if I wait on them.Can you believe they are OUT of instructions?This is Ridiculous!Can anyone help?I think I am mostly concerned about how to remove stock intake plumbing without breaking anything.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

You mean they are shipping units without installation instructions because they are "out"? Man, sounds like Volant has a serious problem with customer service! If you have access to a fax machine, have them fax you one.

Steve

Old 03-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Yes, they are "OUT".They are waiting on some I.T. guy to come in to help them with instructions????Isn't this just plain ridiculous for a so called manufacturing facility? I just want to put it on my truck without problems.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 PM
FordInProgress
Senior User
I would send it back to them. Get a k&n or a airaid. I wouldn't do business with them if they can't even send a install manual with there product.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
FordInProgress, I would but I have already paid for it and waited for weeks on it because they had it on back order.During the long wait I paid my credit card bill with it on it.So,it would be like pulling teeth to get my money back and the shipping cost would be very expensive.I am just hoping someone has installed one and can give me a little direction, especially with stock intake removal.I am wondering best way to remove stock intake from throttle body,mass air sensor,plastic duct from fender and rest of hoses etc. Does everything get hooked back up to Volant?

Old 03-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

You mean they also charged your credit card while it was on back-order? Another reason Volant sounds like a real winner; charges shouldn't be made until shipped.

Steve

Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 PM
triton_2002
Postmaster
These are instructions for the airraid intake, the idea is the same so it should be very similiar. You would think Volant would have instructions on the web!?

http://www.airraid.com/PDF/400-140-1.PDF

Old 03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
triton_2002 , When I click on Airaid the page I get reads: You are unauthorized to view this page.Thanks for trying. Any other suggestions?

Old 03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
triton_2002
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ruckus
triton_2002 , When I click on Airaid the page I get reads: You are unauthorized to view this page.Thanks for trying. Any other suggestions?

Sorry, it's one of the quirks of this site. Just cut and past the link into the address bar of your browser. It is a PDF file so you need acrobat reader and it might take a while.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
DONESCUE
New User
Originally Posted by Ruckus
I am hoping for your help.I just received my new VOLANT air intake for my new 04 5.4 F150.If anyone can give me directions/walk me through the removal of stock intake and installation of Volant I sure would appreciate it.I have a diagram/scetch of Volant but that is all.I just want to do it right without breaking anything and have truck run good without check engine lights after installation.Your help and guidance certainly will be appreciated.Thank You!
It's just an air box. Just put it in. The directions on my K&N made it look difficult but it was a piece of cake self explanitary. JUST DO IT!

Old 03-04-2005, 05:05 PM
triton_2002
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DONESCUE
It's just an air box. Just put it in. The directions on my K&N made it look difficult but it was a piece of cake self explanitary. JUST DO IT!
It isn't difficult, but directions make it easier and prevent broken parts, ect. Afterall, if this isn't done correctly you could damage the engine.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
xallxforxchristx
Senior User
The stock parts and the volant parts look very similar, at least they did in my 98 5.4 application. The part came with a rubber boot that slid on to the throttle body and the larger end slid on to the induction tubing. You have to take the mass air flow sensor unit out of the stock air box...took some work with mine...and attach it to the volant unit. This I believe was the only part that was really "re-used". Just keep piecing it together until you end up with the opening of the airdam and it should line up with the air hole in the fender. I put mine in over the summer, so it's been a while, but overall it wasn't too difficult...probably about the same for 2004. Getting the stock airbox away from the fenderwell was my biggest problem. You end up just having to tug and pull and it finally comes free. Hopefully this helped some. Make sure you put the hose clamps on otherwise you'll just be stuck doing the whole thing over again.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 PM
xallxforxchristx
Senior User
On another note, I've been completely satified with my purchase of the volant, so I feel that you probably will too.

Quick Reply: Help-stock To New Volant Air Intake