Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Chapter Drag Race on April 9th?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Virginia Chapter Drag Race on April 9th?

A friend of mine is coordinating a super-TNT (test-n-tune) drag race at the Cecil County dragway (Maryland) on April 9th, and asked if the VA chapter would like to have a chapter event. If we get 5 or more people (including myself) interested, we get our own race class.

If anyone can post into the Mid-Atlantic forum, this is right in thier back yard.

The event is called the American Street Shootout, to replace the cancelled American Iron Shootout. All street legal AMERICAN cars and trucks are welcome. $35 at the gate. It'd be great to have a couple of Ford trucks out there. I'm racing my inline six 1988 F150.

Race format is heads-up .500 sportsman tree, not bracket racing, with timeslip comparisons afterwards. There are several differet classes already. If 5 or more FTE members sign up for the race, we'll get our own class. Within each class are awards for best Reaction time, ET, MPH and 60' time (my 300ci is going to own you on the 60'!).

Typically, everyone drives up/down Friday afternoon, and stays at the local Knights Inn in Elkton, MD ((410) 392-6680). There's a special Street Shootout rate of $49.95/night, double occupancy. Barbecue and beers for everyone. Saturday we race, and Saturday night is the obligatory after-party. Then people leave on Sunday.

The official Shootout site is http://www.pathogenproductions.com/streetshootout/.

Hotel information: http://www.pathogenproductions.com/s...out/hotel.html

This is a non-profit event, and I stand to gain nothing except a timeslip. I am in no way connected with Pathogen Productions.

Hope to see you there!

PM me for additional information, or check out the official Shootout website listed above.

Old 03-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be embarrased to run my truck the way it is now 2.73 gears with 31" tires, through a smushy c6, makes for fairly slow get up and go. April 9th is fairly far away, would make for an interesting deadline for my rear getting done Only been at it for 18 months. . . Nothing in stone for me yet, but would make for an interesting get together.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Dude, your consistency will rock! It's so much fun; the whole event is about fun and cheering eachother on; totally non-competitive. I went last year, but couldn't run my Mercedes diesel, though everyone wanted me to. Come on out there any way. You can lay the smack down on the 2.8L Chevy Beretta that will be there. Last year there was a bone-stock beater '77 Firebird that ran... 20s?

2.73 and 31s... with a 2.46 first gear (C6). Wow. That's halfway between 2nd and 3rd gear on my truck.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:30 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man! That sounds like a great time! My F-150 is also bone stock, but I would love to seejust what it can do. Unfortunately, the ship is scheduled to be underway during that time frame- if it was only a week later!!

Steve, if you do decide to go, try to get some video. Maybe this is something that the chapter could do annually??
Stu

Old 03-02-2005, 08:03 AM
65vamonster
Senior User
I am going to check my schedule. If the brakes aren't done on the truck yet, I can always bring the Subaru.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
fordguy21
Senior User
sorry 65vamonster but

All street legal AMERICAN cars and trucks are welcome.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM
jennymnky
New User
i would love to do this, but my truck is compleatley stock....i would love to see what times it dose thought just stock.... no mods!

Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Stock trucks are absolutely welcome (and encouraged!)! The entire race is all about regular street vehicles, right down to rusty F100's, if you got 'em. If it's street legal, it's OK to race! No fancy cars needed. Come on out and have fun!

A short list of some of the vehicles there:

My bone stock 1988 F150, inline six
199x Bone-stock V6 Camaro
1992 bone-stock Chevy Beretta 2.8L
Bone stock Neon
Neon SRT-4
Supercharged V6 Firebird (Pathogen! www.pathogenproductions.com)
Assorted V8 cars.

Bring you trucks! Get some timeslips, AND tow home a broken GM!

Old 03-02-2005, 11:10 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Also- to register for the race, download the MS Word document from the website http://www.pathogenproductions.com/s...gistration.doc, fill it out, and email it to the organizer (listed on the document and on the website http://www.pathogenproductions.com/streetshootout/). Don't worry about what class to race in; if we get 5 or more people, we'll have a class of our own!

Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Registration for the American Street Shootout has been extended for Ford Trucks Enthusiasts members through Saturday, March 5th.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Saturday?!?!? Thats a typo, right?

Old 03-03-2005, 06:39 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Nope, not a typo. If you want a <b>trophy</b>, Saturday is the registration deadline (for administrative work). I'm trying to work on that, get it pushed back a while. Even if you don't register for a trophy, <b>you're still welcome to come and race, even without registration</b>!

Even just show up on April 9th and have a blast. Come to the after party a few miles away!

Old 03-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Not getting a trophy doesn't bother me. I thought I had till Saturday to decide whether I could make it or not So. . . Do we still get our own class if 5 or me people show up? Or was that for trophy purposes?

Old 03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Heck yeah, we get our own class! 5 racers or more, no matter what, we get a class! Classes will be shuffled around as neccesary on race day.

Saturday's deadline is for trophies. April 9 (race day) is the deadline for deciding if you want to race. Jenn wants to be able to hand out trophies the same day as the race. And we can always get printed certificates or something (Jenn also does graphic design/layout).

<b>Here's the skinny:</b> In the past, there was an event called the <b>American Iron Shootout</b>. It started out as a street-car only event, where regular people could race regular cars just like the pros. But the pros moved in, took it over, and then complained about the street cars. So AIS 2005 was cancelled and replaced with a regular test-n-tune (much to the insult of AIS fans!). Not willing to tolerate this, my friend, a big fan of AIS and her project supercharged V6 Firebird (www.firestorm98.com), has planned to show up with as big a posse of street cars as possible on April 9th, which is otherwise a regular test-n-tune day. She's setting up trophies and classes herself for the knock-off <b>American <i>Street</i> Shootout</b>, but anyone can show up on April 9th and race. Anyone who races is also welcome to attend the afterparty Saturday evening.

The more people who show up on April 9th, the better! (And really, you can bring import cars, too. They're just absolutely not eligible for a trophy.)

Street Shootout motto:
<i><b>Bringing the street... back to the track.</b></i> By force.

FTE Represent!

Last edited by BigBlue88; 03-03-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
I probably won't register for the trophy races but I will probalby show up in one of my cars(or truck) that weekend.

Quick Reply: Virginia Chapter Drag Race on April 9th?