Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
New User

Warrio is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up New F-150 owner

Just bought a 1998 w/the infamous 4.2L on President's day (2/21/05). Motor was manufactured on 1/23/1998 so I have my finger's crossed. I believe the drop dead date was 1/15/1998 for the gasket party. I certainly hope so. Truck had 130K on it and runs and looks exceptionally well. Got a little scare on Tuesday the very next day after my purchase. I parked it on my carport and oil started dripping like crazy from the front of the engine (It looked like that was where it was). After about 30 seconds it stopped.

I called the dealer I bought it from and he told me to take it to his mechanic to have a look. Turns out the filter had a hole in it and no wonder after I saw where it was. Probably took a debris stike from the road. Anyway they changed it and it stopped leaking...well there anyway. Have found to smaller leaks farther on back that will require my attention. I really like this truck though and will work through what I have to.

I've been on the net for 2 days now reading everything I can find about this vehicle and found this forum. Lurked about for awhile and decided to add my .02 for what it may be worth. I'm just at the beginning of my F-150 adventure. I plan on small mods as I like to tinker but nothing major as I haven't the time tools or patience for that matter. I'm looking forward to it and reading the interesting things you guy's put on here. I think I'll leave it here for now and read some more...Have fun...that's the key!!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the Ga chapter of FTE!! This is a great site, and some great people hang out here on the ga chapter. Congrats on the new truck.
IT'S BETTER TOPLESS(Broads, Broncos, and Booze)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeast
you people scare me sometimes!!
"...sailors who drank beer escaped the curse of scurvy..."
Old 02-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Senior User

4xcrazy is starting off with a positive reputation.
welcome aboard, i'm still petty much new here also, lots of good people here
Old 02-27-2005, 04:30 AM
Posting Guru

GrayRanger4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GrayRanger4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up

WELCOME to the Ga. Chapter of FTE !!!!!!!!! Congrads on the new Ride too!!!!!!!!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul;
The other for your freedom.
Many seem to have forgotten both of them.
Member of the Georgia Chapter

Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Posting Guru

old87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the board!!

LED ZEP
Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter