Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
New User

54 on the floor is starting off with a positive reputation.
advice

Hello all iam considering the purchase of a 2003 hd f150
just wanted to know do you have any advice on how to spot a cloned hd
the trucks i see on line have a silver stripe on bothside as well as an emblem on the tailgate ,the one iam looking to purcahse does not ,should this be a red flag? or iam just overreacting,the interior as well as the supercharged engine are there.the truck checks out on carfax but i just thought i would ask

Thank you
rafael
Old 02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
New User

Jasons03Harley is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just baught an '03 HD as well. I few key points you can look for are, VIN plate on the inside below the stereo in the the little storage area. Also, the HD have Harley Keys, ask for a picture of the key, it should have the ford symbol on one side, and the HD emblem on the other side.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Freshman User

Rainman15 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54 on the floor
Hello all iam considering the purchase of a 2003 hd f150
just wanted to know do you have any advice on how to spot a cloned hd
the trucks i see on line have a silver stripe on bothside as well as an emblem on the tailgate ,the one iam looking to purcahse does not ,should this be a red flag? or iam just overreacting,the interior as well as the supercharged engine are there.the truck checks out on carfax but i just thought i would ask

Thank you
rafael
Many of us HD owners were not big fans of the obnoxiously huge pinstripes on the 03's, nor the ignorant looking flames on the 02's and removed them as soon as we got home with our new trucks. If there is a black Eaton supercharger on the 03 your are looking at, and the HD interior is there then most likely you are looking at an authentic HD SCREW with a much more tasteful looking pinstripe-less exterior.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150