Sponsored by: Moser

Plastic Glove box liners

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:59 PM
BigBully
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plastic Glove box liners

Where is the best and least expensive place to get the Plastic style Liners?
I only found Bronco Grave yard at $27 each And I know I found them Some time ago for $15. Please Help.

Old 02-25-2005, 06:42 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Before you buy one, here is a little something to consider: this tech article.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/..._similar_.html
I built one for my truck using an old computer case side panel, and sprayed it with rustoleum hammered paint. I have been very happy with it, and it only cost me about $1.50 in paint. I used the can for a bunch of other stuff. Other than that, I think Jeffs bronco graveyard is the place that sells the plastic boxes

Old 02-25-2005, 08:01 AM
progt1
Freshman User
I bought one of the plastic glove boxes from Bronco Graveyard. I love it! It took about 20 min. to install and works great.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:57 PM
1BigFish
Junior User
Nice article......but waaay too much work/time involved. I got mine from Jeffs ,was easy to install, fit well, and works great!

Old 03-13-2005, 11:46 PM
beeboy
Postmaster
they are on ebay for $15 all the time

Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 AM
damoperator
Junior User
Jeff's is the only way to go and we all know that it wiil fit.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I'm so proud of that article. Ya, I guess for some it might be way too much time and effort. But it was free and only cost me time. I was selling them on Ebay for $25 a while back. Wow, they make plastic ones now? I did not know that. I wonder how long it would take for the heat to deteriate those? The metal boxes would last the life of the truck. Hey BigBully lemme know if you wanna try building one. I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:54 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
You wrote that? It was really good! I wouldn't have thought of that. I think the computer case was a heavier guage metal than you stated because I had a terrible time bending mine, but is done now, and it ROCKS Again great idea

Old 03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
eddieburnsii
Senior User
about the heat ruining the plastic glove boxes...... i dont see a problem there. the heater boxes are uhmmm, plastic??? the glovebox wont have the heat flowing through it. seriously now, is someone just trying to sell the metal box idea??? or was it so rough to build one that you want to sucker others into sharing the pain with you??? i am laughing as i write this so please dont be offended. i am lazy i suppose cause i'd much rather spend 25$ and 20 minutes of my time on something i know will out last the cardboard original. just my opinion. Eddie II

Old 03-16-2005, 06:50 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
I am not trying to sell anybody anything. I merely suggested it for people who are as cheap as me. It really wasn't that bad to build, and if I had used thinner metal, it would have been really easy. OHHH, the pain

Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thanks, teds74ford. I'm glad the article helped you out. Those computer cases are heavier gauge metal than what I used. I bet it looks great in yer truck!

Originally Posted by eddieburnsii
about the heat ruining the plastic glove boxes...... i dont see a problem there. the heater boxes are uhmmm, plastic??? the glovebox wont have the heat flowing through it. seriously now, is someone just trying to sell the metal box idea??? or was it so rough to build one that you want to sucker others into sharing the pain with you??? i am laughing as i write this so please dont be offended. i am lazy i suppose cause i'd much rather spend 25$ and 20 minutes of my time on something i know will out last the cardboard original. just my opinion. Eddie II

No offense taken eddie. I have not seen these new plastic boxes in person and was wondering how long they would last through many hot summers. Obviously after time newer cheaper plastics will become brittle and easily breakable. Yes, the heater boxes are quality heavy duty plastics and my heater box is still in great shape. As for selling someone the idea, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not for sale. The color picture article was provided to Ken and FTE, absolutely free, to allow those of us that get a kick out of building things the instructions to make a permanent replacement glovebox for almost free. If you look at my original reply you'll see that I did not offer to sell BigBully anything but did offer any help or advice if he wanted to try building one using the free article. Seriously though, the members here range from people that like to build things from scratch to those that would rather bolt on a prefabricated piece. That's ok. That's just another thing that makes FTE so interesting. To each his/her own. And eddie, if you wanna try building one from the article and need help/advice lemme know and I will offer any help I can. It really isn't that hard or painful. Honest. Later, Ya'll.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:27 AM
beartracks
Lead Driver
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts
I used one of the plastic ones and it seems to be nice and thick and of good material. The cardboard one lasted 20 years. I think this one will out last me.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
eddieburnsii
Senior User
thanks guys for not taking my post too seriously. i read the article and thought it was very good. nice pics and pretty simple instructions. you may have mentioned it somewhere in the article but i dont remember, but what gauge metal were you using??? it looked like about a 20 or 22 gauge galvanized piece. also what would it take to get you to mail me a pattern??? thanks, Eddie II

Old 03-17-2005, 01:45 AM
83sd
Tuned
if your talking about the box part of it lcmtruck has it for $15

Old 03-17-2005, 07:53 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thanks, eddie. Just shoot me an email with yer mailing address. That gauge is about right.

Quick Reply: Plastic Glove box liners