2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost My DSB Hearing!!!

Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Dunk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gregrog
I told him I wanted him to order every thing for the service bullentins and install them on my truck.

Here's why you lost..... Are telling us you went to the DSB before you let the dealer work on the truck??

Old 02-28-2005, 12:28 AM
gregrog
New User
Cool DSB After No Fix

Dear Dunk

No I didnt go to DSB first, My dealership had my truck 4 different times and all they did was put 2 different sets of new tires and road force them. A Ford engineer told them to road force them after the first set of tires didn't fix the problem. Then a Ford rep came to the dealership drove my truck and told the service manager to put new BFG tires on the truck. I told the engineer and the rep that my truck had vibrated and the steering wheel had shook about once a month while at a dead stop as well as when I was driving, and how could new tires fix that. After the BFG tires didnt fix the problem I was sick and tired of messing with jerks and filed my DSB paperwork. After having the truck only 4 months and almost a month of that was repairs I was sick of this truck and didnt want it anymore. What I was saying in my first post was if I haft to keep the truck I want my dealership to do all the service bulletins (driveshaft, damper kit, steering post, and whatever else is messed up on this thing). I dont think the DSB would even have gave me a hearing if the dealership had not tried to fix my truck because you haft to send in all your repair paperwork when you send in your request for a hearing.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Dunk
Elder User
Originally Posted by gregrog
Dear Dunk

No I didnt go to DSB first, My dealership had my truck 4 different times and all they did was put 2 different sets of new tires and road force them. A Ford engineer told them to road force them after the first set of tires didn't fix the problem. Then a Ford rep came to the dealership drove my truck and told the service manager to put new BFG tires on the truck. I told the engineer and the rep that my truck had vibrated and the steering wheel had shook about once a month while at a dead stop as well as when I was driving, and how could new tires fix that. After the BFG tires didnt fix the problem I was sick and tired of messing with jerks and filed my DSB paperwork. After having the truck only 4 months and almost a month of that was repairs I was sick of this truck and didnt want it anymore. What I was saying in my first post was if I haft to keep the truck I want my dealership to do all the service bulletins (driveshaft, damper kit, steering post, and whatever else is messed up on this thing). I dont think the DSB would even have gave me a hearing if the dealership had not tried to fix my truck because you haft to send in all your repair paperwork when you send in your request for a hearing.
I still don't understand how you got to the DSB without the dealer trying the TSB's. Someone(the dealer) should have stopped or told you the DSB won't do anything till the dealer has had their shots at fixing the truck... Sounds to me like the dealer let it go through just to keep you busy and out of their shop..

Now if the dealer does the full TSB's and they don't work...can you go back to the DSB a second time??

Old 02-28-2005, 04:00 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take a look at your front tires. It may just be an aggressive tread design. These are truck boys, not sports cars. Most speed limits are still 65mph (at least around here). The other problem is that the electronic tire balancers can only guarantee balance to about 50mph. So what you are experiencing could be bad tires, or balancing. My adive, take it to a well known tire shop, with good service techs, have them drive it and see what they think. It may something as stupid as a weight in the wrong place. The dealer's techs are service techs not tire techs. They can look for damaged or worn parts, but they can't really read a tire. If it came with aggressive tread tires it can really cause some odd vibrations and other strange things about 65. I know I have 6 ply LT tires on a 1/2 ton van. When we rotate them and put the more aggressive tires on the front it drives like crap, with many of the complaints I read on here.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:41 AM
jbone108
Senior User
My case was also turned down by the DSB. I was told that they could fix the vibe. they have now done there fix and the little bit of vibration I still feel I can live with.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:30 AM
timp
New User
I have had the vibration since day 1 and brought it back at 800 miles for the first time. They first did a standard balance. When that didn't work and I started noticing the "clunk" accelerating from a stop (sometimes up to 3x), the vibe stopping the truck at under 3-5 mph, and that the vibration was heavy from 45-60, and then lighter but faster (higher freq) at around 70 or so. I took it back the second time and was asked right off the bat, is it between 45-60 and then back at 70-75?? from the tech. ie they knew but tried to pass it off the first time. as far as the other problems even though the service mgr felt the "clunk" on one of it's 3x's, the tech said it was the rear springs torking and was normal and the vibe while stopping was the exhaust resonating. but the vibe's he said "boy we have a lot of problems with this, ford has a design flaw and they are working on a fix". after a new driveshaft which didn't fix it every time I called for an appt for something (even an oil change) they emphatically said don't bring it back for the vibe there is nothing more we can do... sorry to ramble, I'm just aggrivated I feel like I've taken a major loss of value cuz of their issues.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:01 PM
gregrog
New User
Cool Read All The Posts Complete!!!

Dear Dunk

I posted my truck was in the shop 4 times, it does not matter what the shop did to fix the problem ( most of the TSB were not even out when I took the truck in). One of Ford's own engineer and field rep told the dealership to put the tires on the truck to fix it. I'll say it again the truck was in the shop for almost a whole month. The DSB works like a lemon law case if the truck is not fixed after so many times or out of service so many days they are supoose to buy it back. I don't think that you can try DSB a second time because as far as they are concerned the case is closed.

Now Dear Pfogle

If you read my previous post completely you will noice that my truck has vibrated and the wheel shook at a DEAD STOP!!!!! I'll ask you the same thing I asked " The Ford Engineer & Ford Field Rep) HOW IS A SET OF TIRES CAUSING A PROBLEM WHILE MY TRUCK IS NOT MOVING ????????

Search this Thread