1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

no show at the truck show...dang it !

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:18 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
John,

We're keeping you and your family in our thoughts...

Vern

Old 02-24-2005, 07:33 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Here's #3, another non-polished set for the runningboards.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...tem=4530736848

Or search for auction # 4530736848

I'll do a couple interior kits or something for the guys in Europe soon. I'm working the details on a free (and slow) shipping via Iraq deal. Package will have to be light.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
merc546
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fenders

Powder coat a set in satin black.

Chuck

Old 02-24-2005, 09:38 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by merc546
Fenders

Powder coat a set in satin black.

Chuck
Will Do. I'll get the sandblaster out this weekend. I understand PC sticks to S/S better if you dust it with some abrasive first.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Purple55
Tuned
Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear about your grandson,John.Prayers are coming your way from S.C.

'fenders, keep listing the bolts and we'll keep bidding/buying.I figure it's the least we can do, since there's a child in need and John has been such a big help to us in the past.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:36 AM
StarFox
Senior User
John, sorry to hear the news concerning your grandson. I hope all goes smoothly and it all works out super for him. Best wishes to the family. Fenders, you are a good man. I like 'hangin' with guys like you ;-)

Fox

Old 02-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
John, Sorry to hear about the boy. I hope he sails through like a champ. I'll be bidding away with the other guys. Jag

Old 02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
All

Prayers are the most important support we can give John and his family.

But I want to follow 'fenders lead and help out with finances. John has taken on the support of his son and daughter-in-law during this time of family crisis. This is the godly role of a father and family leader. I am suggesting we make a contribution to John and his family.

If you guys agree, I will take the responsibility for accounting and forwarding the money to John. I will account for all donations publicly on this forum listed by name. Accounting updates will be posted on Fridays.

Bill

Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill -

I agree. Please let us know how to make out the check and how to get it to you.

God bless you , John and your family.

Randy

Old 02-24-2005, 12:40 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Bill send me an email addy I can paypal to.
Dewayne do panels use the same #/size bolts as the truck for the running boards? I was going to buy a show polished set anyways.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM
yellowducman
Freshman User
Bill, I too would like to make a donation. Please let us know when you get somthing setup (Check or paypal is fine with me). John, I hope for the best for your grandson and your whole enitire family.

Ritchie.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:31 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
If it's OK with him. We'll funnel all the payments and donations through Bill (Jet Jock), whether you are donating or buying S/S. It may get a little confusing, but we'll work through it. Put your auction number on the check, email me, whatever. If you must use PayPal, it can be sent to me if Jet Jock does not have an account. The more we avoid PayPal fees the better. But PayPal is darn convenient, so lets allow PayPal to make it as easy as possible to help out.

I will continue to list auctions until I am confident we will get at least $200 that way. I have enough stock to accomplish that. Plus I ordered a little more today to make sure I can. If anyone wants to "sponsor" an extra auction, you can PayPal me a little money to buy S/S. I'm pretty sure I can turn your ten dollars into $25 for John. There are a lot of guys here that can use a little stainless. The satin kits are not much trouble to assemble and ship. I'll have to limit the polished because I'm working quite a few hours.

AX

I'm sure I can make up a polished panel kit for you. Thanks

Dewayne

Old 02-24-2005, 01:33 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Fenders, OK, anyway you like. I am more than happy to sponsor sets. I have no limits for this cause. Mail me at Speedybelair at aol.com with a send to address and whatever amount that you need soo I can get the $$ going your way. I can sponsor your costs since the labor is probably greater. Just say a number man.

Jetjock: Great idea, count me in on that also..

Old 02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
fatfords
Elder User
John,
Your grandson and family are in our prayers.

Everyone else, you are to be commended for pulling together like this for someone that may be a total stranger, other than an acquaintance on this forum. You guys are great!

Bill, please post the details and I will get with you. I don't get to check the board every day and sometimes several days go by, but I will get with you.

God bless,
Kent

Old 02-24-2005, 06:17 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
OK, here's another runningboard kit. Another satin for the stockers. I'll mix it up with some different kits soon, but I'm going to keep going to the well on these satin running board kits until it isn't profitable anymore.

This one is complements of El Cabron. Thanks buddy.

And you can stop with the 'fenders is a wonderful person comments anytime now. John is the guy that can't walk by the Salvation Army bucket without throwing in a buck. He's also the guy that contributes to soldier care packages for guys he doesn't even know. He's good people. I know that for sure. Sorry for embarrassing you John. I'll stop as soon as these guys stop bidding.

Just so you know. Our cost including shipping on a satin running board kit is in the $15 neighborhood.

And for you ebay rookies. If you hit any of the auctions, you can then select "sellers other auctions" and everything will display on your screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4531074427

Last edited by fatfenders; 02-24-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: no show at the truck show...dang it !