General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

HEY!Why dont you reply?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HEY!Why dont you reply?

I just noticed something.I was looking at the thread "Who has mountain lions" and I noticed that over 600 people had viewed it but yet not very many people replied.And then I noticed the same thing with other threads and it got me wondering,why dont more people reply to these threads.What the heck,this is your site too.Join in on the conversation!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They haven't got mountain lions, I guess......
I only reply when I think I can offer something- probably between 1 to 3 replies a day (when I get on-line).

Old 02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Mountains!
But I did have a Black Bear in the backyard a year ago, I guess they don't need mountains.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:14 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, I have never seen a mountain lion in the wild. There are rumors of a very few in my area but I'll probably run into bigfoot first. I did see a small black bear and two cubs once.

That's about all I would have to offer that thread so I chose to keep my babbling to myself. I did read it to find out about the exact nature of the post. I wasn't sure if he meant in captivity or just in the area. If he was referring to captivity I have an uncle who had one in captivity and perhaps I could elaborate a little more, but that was not the case. I kind of abide by the old saying-" If you can't say something smart-aleck..."

I did have an overwhelming desire to view this post repeatedly until my finger got a blister. I have that urge under control now.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:33 PM
'961506
Elder User
I posted up on my experience.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
mgman
Senior User
iono the server has been slow lately and i personally hate waiting, im not inpaitence but if its gonna take like 3 mins on dsl to load id otn wann deal wit it

Old 02-21-2005, 07:12 PM
heavnbound
Elder User
Well K.T. not a real big mountain lion problem here in Alaska! LOL! Now if you want to talk bears ok then - we have some common ground! We could talk moose too...that's something I know about as well. But mountain lions (or any other kind of lion for that matter) are not indigenious to my state!

Old 02-21-2005, 07:26 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

I think this might turn into a second mountain lion thread
I usually post (like most people) if I have something to say. If I see that KT has posted already, sometimes I wont cause very rare are the times I can top one of his witty coments
Most of the times Im just along for the ride

Old 02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
e1p1
Fleet Mechanic
A. Slow server on the times I'm aboard...

B. Just don't have much time these days, and I type slowly... but also like to minimize spelling and grammar errors. So it takes a while.

But I like to check in to at least see if either a peeve or something I can help with is posted. So I'll end up being counted as viewed instead of replied fairly often.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
King T. . . .

I too, add to the 'mix' IF I have something.
Sorry. No Mountain Lions in Southern Maryland!!!

Old 02-21-2005, 08:39 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The server is busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Either that, or I just dont have an opinion. The other option is, that I do have an opinion and want to avoid starting an argument. But in this case I'll make an exception:

"The only good mountain lion, is a rug!"

Edit: Of course, the fact that the DNR (D*** Near Russia) is importing them into Iowa (not officially of course) doesn't help matters.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We have a few mountain lions in Texas but we are most famous for that rare species The Great Texas Spotted-*** Ape, the world's fastest animal. They are so fast that they can't be seen, but if you find a good ape trail and stand beside it you can sometimes feel the breeze as it passes ... hence the expression, "Faster than a spotted-*** ape". King T, you will learn all this good stuff when you move to Texas.
Dono

Old 02-21-2005, 08:56 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Well,the subject isnt really about mountain lions,I just used that thread for an example.It was more about a thread getting 800 views but only a dozen or so replies.But I think while we are talking about them,I guess I would love to add a Mountain Lion to my trophy collection also.I have hunted in Michigan all my life,I have seen many different types of animals,but I have never seen a cougar or mountain lion or even tracks from one.Oh Wait!I have an 89 Cougar in my driveway,does that count?

Hey Dono,does that ape make your eyes burn?While I was cruisin around with my daughter checking out castorville my eyes started burning like there was sand in them.my daughter started laughing and said it was because of the mountain cedar and that I would get used to it.But like I said before,I have been in the woods here in michigan all my life and there is plenty of cedar here,and my eyes never burned,so I think you may be on to something with the spotted ape theory!

Last edited by King Triton; 02-21-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Karellen
Junior User
Most of the time i view a thread either someone has said what i was going to say or the thread had a wierd name and i was just interested in seeing what it was about but for the most part i don't have anything to say.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I suppose -

Some folks are naturally gifted with the ability to express themselves without letup all day long.

Some of us are born without big mouths, but the genetic trait materializes in our fingertips late on certain nights by internet....

Alternatively: Some of us hold back what we really think until we can express ourselves on what theoretically is an invisible network with pseudonyms so that we really don't care what people think of what we say.

Therefore - the reverse must also be true...

Some folks clam up no matter what!!!

>:oD

(HEY! - It's a joke - don't take it too seriously!)

Last edited by Greywolf; 02-21-2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Fun

Quick Reply: HEY!Why dont you reply?