Notices

remote lock relays

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Blcknite
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote lock relays

I installed a python 881xp alarm with remote start into my 1992 f-150. the remote locks needed to relays. Can anyone enlighten me and any ideas on how those relays need to be set up. just a basic bosch relay. any help would be greatly appriciated.

1992 Ford f-150
5.13 f/r differential
351w dart heads
edelbrock intake
bbk 61mm throttlebody
mass air conversion
hedman headers, trudual super 40s

Old 02-21-2005, 07:11 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Basically, on factory Ford doorlocks you have two wires. One wire goes positive, the other negative to unlock, then they switch polarity to lock. So, if adding aftermarket relays with a remote you normally have to add two relays if you are using the factory electric locks. If you use a five pin relay and your alarm has two circuits (lock and unlock) you might be able to put the circuits on one relay (87 and 87a) as long as you provided a ground for the other wire and you used a zener diode.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 PM
GypsyR
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lock relays This place was of great help to me. I added power locks to my old Mustang but didn't want or need a switch. This was the only place I could find that showed me not one, but two ways to wire relays to do what I wanted. The locks now work just fine with just my alarm's remote. Hoefully you'll find something useful there too.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Smaug
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GypsyR
lock relays This place was of great help to me. I added power locks to my old Mustang but didn't want or need a switch. This was the only place I could find that showed me not one, but two ways to wire relays to do what I wanted. The locks now work just fine with just my alarm's remote. Hoefully you'll find something useful there too.

great info, I'm getting ready to put an alarm w/ keyless entry in my truck. Just waiting on everything to get here. Now my job will be alot easier.