2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of Warranties...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
masterP
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of Warranties...

Any expert advise on the wisdom of purchasing the extended warrenty? Ford just sent me a notice that I have to act soon. In my case, I drive 300 miles per work just to work and back. My truck is nine months old and I already have close to 15,000 miles owing to the commute and a trip from PA to FL this past summer.
I plan to keep this truck for awhile, so proper routine maintenance and upkeep is definately a factor for me...

Old 02-17-2005, 12:25 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
masterP...what trim level?? If you have all the bells and whistles, it might be a good idea to go extended. Think of all the electrical/electronics in this truck; these components have a good chance of going on the fritz down the road, and the peace of mind the extended warranty brings could be well worth it.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:53 PM
masterP
Freshman User
Originally Posted by DonsFx4
masterP...what trim level?? If you have all the bells and whistles, it might be a good idea to go extended. Think of all the electrical/electronics in this truck; these components have a good chance of going on the fritz down the road, and the peace of mind the extended warranty brings could be well worth it.
DonsFX4,

I have a fully loaded FX4 - moonroof, power driver's seat and rear window, reverse sensors, auto-dim mirror, etc...

Old 02-17-2005, 01:21 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
Since I got the wiring diagram manual, I am amazed at how much every single system in this truck deals with different computers and modules! It's wired more like an F-16 than a good ol' truck!! Engine, trans, A/C, lighting all go through some kind of processor.

And that's where my concern lies...after a while, electrons get squirrely and things stop working. An extended warranty could help deal with these things down the road, in addition to the electromechanical things like your moonroof and power window actuators (they're not cheap!).

Like you, I plan to keep this truck for a number of years, and I'm also going to get an extended warranty!