Sponsored by:

40K since buying the Bronc

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 05:18 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
40K since buying the Bronc

I bought it in 2001 with 89K original miles. It now has 129K. I wanted to shoot it at around 100K, man, everything started breaking - the drivetrain was strong but everything else was breaking. In December 2002, my entire month's pay went to fixing all sorts of problems. I got really frustrated, if anyone remembers, I posted a long whine and rant here and I even put it up for sale in the newspaper. But at the last minute, I couldn't go through with it. People were calling and I told them that I decided to keep it and cancelled the ad. I'm not even sure why I did that, because I genuinely hated it at that point. It ruined my holiday season with it's insatiable appetite for parts.

However, since then, it's been about as reliable as a new vehicle. I replaced an awful lot of parts back in '02, and the drivetrain is very strong. I have grown to consider it a very reliable truck as opposed to a lemon (which is how I felt about it, back around 100K). Considering that an F150 that I purchased brand new in 1995 had to go in for warranty repairs several times, I can say that my Bronco now is at least as reliable as my brand new F150 was.

And it truly feels like a new truck, it certainly does not feel like a fifteen year old truck with 129K on the clock. Everything on the truck works properly. It rides wonderfully - no vibration, straight, quiet, no wind noise, no exhaust leaks, the interior and upholstery do not suffer from the pops and cracks and buzzes that seem to plague many Broncos. The motor idles so smooth that it's scary, and it doesn't use much oil and there are no leaks - it's as dry as a bone underneath. I've also done several mechanical upgrades to enhance the driving experience as well - 160 amp alternator, high torque mini starter, DynaMat Xtreme soundproofing - not very glamorous stuff but it makes the driving experience so much better. And I installed a kick butt satellite stereo system, and I am about to install a DVD player/TV tuner on the ceiling.

OK so I am bragging here, I know! But I felt like the truck deserves it, after being an integral part of saving my life the other day (see the "hairy day" thread if you don't know what I mean). When the Bronc was misbehaving back in 02, I posted a rant. This time I want to give credit where credit is due, fair is fair, right? I can't knock it publicly when it's bad but not praise it when it is good!

My Bronco may not be an eyeball popper with a big lift and shiny rims and all that. It sits on stock rims at factory height with 31's. But it's clean, the original paint still shines, and sometimes people do compliment it which is cool. And it is a pleasure to drive.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:45 PM
tex94F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Happy Birthday!

Seems that Birthday Greetings are in order. Congratulations. I sold mine and nothing was wrong, just got an offer I couldn't (read didnt', I could have) refuse. I was in the same stock, for the most part mode and put around 60,000 miles on her myself. See her every other day or so and it's like my wife left me for another. Still kicking myself. Only a picture in the gallery left. Keep the Bronc and enjoy, they are a truly honest vehicle.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:39 PM
rksiewert
Junior User

Ypurs is just a baby! When it grows up, it will be like mine. I bought it off ebay about 18 months ago, and is great It had 154000 when purchased, now has 225000 with no problems. I LOVE this 95 Bronco !!! I have had an 88 before, then a tree fell on it and my 79 during Hurricane isabel. Totaled the body on the 88, but only put a small ding on the roof of the 79. The 79 took all the weight from the tree! the 88 folded up like a tin can. (they were parked next to each other) Goes to show you they dont build them like that anymore! Well, maybe they build the drivetrains better

Ray

Old 02-16-2005, 07:29 PM
2classics
Elder User
my opinion is 78/79 drive train don't get any better, but I have an econobox for everyday driving.