Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Got hit, what should I expect from new insurance system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:50 PM
SSCX2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got hit, what should I expect from new insurance system?

Well I got in an accident last tuesday, not my ford truck but my chevy truck. I was just making a turn into loaf & jug heard screaching then boom. My truck wasent damaged too bad the box did flex into the cab on the passenger side and the tailgate and bumper are trashed. The toyota 4x4 dident do that well.
No one was hurt which was a good thing but I still got a ticket because I dident have my most recent proof of insurance.

Anyway Colorado just swiched from (no fault) to a (Tort) system for insurance claims. I did call my agent and they just took the information and told my to contact his insurance provider. From what I understand they are supposed to take care of everything. Is this true? In the no fault system I would have to pay my deductable but my personal insurance would fix my truck provided it wasent my fault since I have liability.

I dident get the answers I expected from my insurance so I was wondering if anyone knows how this system works? I know they had this Tort system in Cali but I never had to use it.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 AM
slowsix
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The no fault system was for medical only, not liability. Since there were no injuries, the tort is the same as the prior system. Contact the other parties carrier and they will address the claim.

If you have coverage under your policy (collision) you can still go under your policy, have your vehilce fixed, pay your deductible and when your company collects from the other carrier you should recieve your deductible back. This could take some time.

Good luck.