Wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

This has got to be the ultimate product! And the guy is charging such a small amount for it, truly he is an honest fellow if he is willing to keep the prices so low. I also believe every word in the auction, I was also told I have the word "gullable" written on my forehead, but no time to look in the mirror.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...953901216&rd=1

My question is this, why does ebay allow this crap? Im sure they have recieved zillions of complaints by some poor 16 year old kid buying one for his first car, only to find out that his hard work at Burger King last week was wasted on purchase only to make the scammer rich. But why should ebay care? The guys auctions are making them money, so as long as that keeps happening, who cares. We have a such a lovely society, I feel sorry for my daughter who is only 18 months old, and what things will be like when she is 16-18, sad sad sad.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
You are absolutely right!
But look at the magnet you put on you gas line that JCW has listed for years. Or those throttle body spacers that everyone sells even the big name retailers that everyone says actually drops HP.
It's called "Let the buyer beware". No matter what you buy you need to do a little research and find out just what you are getting into.
"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"!

Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
By the way, I don't want to get in trouble but, have you noticed that thing that is being advertised on this site? Lets face it, if you could get that kind of extra HP out of a $2 peice of what ever it is made out of, the big three would be all over it!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
Unhappy I agree

I do agree, but Ebay has the ability to stop the scams, Here is the dumb part, I was selling information on where to get those boat fans , I also had in my ad that THEY DO NOT WORK AT ALL and may even reduce performance, but gave a list of the websites to buy them from to the winners (usually a buck or 2) o that at least they could pay the real amount instead of double or even triple the price. and my auctions were cancelled along with a warning , as Ebay actually wanted to keep those fake turbos on there! What happened to working for your money, instead of scamming everyone? I guess that will never changejust got upset, becuase while looking for the REAL supercharger , I had to go through 140 ads of those bogus ones!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Rx7toys
I do agree, but Ebay has the ability to stop the scams, Here is the dumb part, I was selling information on where to get those boat fans , I also had in my ad that THEY DO NOT WORK AT ALL and may even reduce performance, but gave a list of the websites to buy them from to the winners (usually a buck or 2) o that at least they could pay the real amount instead of double or even triple the price. and my auctions were cancelled along with a warning , as Ebay actually wanted to keep those fake turbos on there! What happened to working for your money, instead of scamming everyone? I guess that will never changejust got upset, becuase while looking for the REAL supercharger , I had to go through 140 ads of those bogus ones!
YOU'RE KIDDING. RIGHT?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
not kidding!

It seems that ebay just wants there cut on the money from auctions, the higher the thing goes for, the more they make.

I like Ebay for the legit things, and for finding truck parts cheaper than some salvage yards (even with shipping!) Since salvage yards have gold parts, I guess. But Ebay can also be a nightmare. I have 120+ positives, and 1 negative from way back, so I know how the system works, Paypal works too, but again can be a nightmare. as long as a seller can prove they shipped an item (tracking through usps or ups/ fedex) thats all they care. You could buy a radiator from me, and I ship you an old sock with tracking, Im covered! But I don't live that way, it would also show up in my feedback, lol.

Anytime you buy something online, unless its from a major company, you have a chance of being raked through the coals.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by V10 Timbo
...Or those throttle body spacers that everyone sells even the big name retailers that everyone says actually drops HP...
WAIT A SEC...
Those spacers make excellent paper weights!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
I was actually refering to the part about selling info on where to buy with a disclaimer attached.

That's sort of like Uncle Sam telling us how bad tobacco is for us and then accepting taxes from it don't you think?

The "Bad Guy" suggests it can be used for a rediculous purpose and someone else cash's in by selling information on where it can be purchased cheaper with a disclaimer to protect their own butt.

I know I have had to scroll through dozens of those listings selling info to get to what I was looking for.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I hear ya....I was just adding a little humor.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Blurry94
WAIT A SEC...
Those spacers make excellent paper weights!
I thought that was what SB Chebbies were for!!!!

Old 02-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
don't worry

don't worry the info thing lasted about 3 days then ebay removed them. I guess it is worse to sell the truth than to just join the scammers.

crazy

Old 02-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
sure

here is proof of that concept. I guess since people seem to be backing this idea, maybe it isn't such a bad idea, I'll make a trip to the boat store and start cashing in too. At least then I wouldn't be making people angry about the whole thing. (except the buyers of the product, Oh well thats people seem to think is OK these days??

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?forumID=20&threadID=410472056

Old 02-12-2005, 01:37 PM
V10 Timbo
Freshman User
The whole point is, "Two wrongs don't make a right"!

If you were still making you couple of bucks per we wouldn't even be wasting time discussing the point.
If you want to reduce yourself to that level that's up to you.
As for the people buying that stuff? Well I figure if they are that dumb, naive, misinformed or unknowledgeable and buy it anyway, well it's a lesson learned.
Everybody falls down and gets bumps and bruses. Thats just part of growing up and makes us better people.
Besides it isn't a total waste of money! They can always relist it on ebay. Obviously someone will buy it!

Old 02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ebay is about profit, like most corporate entities.

As long as you're not selling **** memorbilia or spleens, they don't care.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Rx7toys
Senior User
yea

Im NOT going to sell those, Just seems like nobody cares that other people do. The sad thing is, there are websites selling those things for $300 + . A friend of mine as scammed out of $3500 on an engine, just sick of it all, I know it won't ever change, just makes me upset that people take it so lightly, as if Im the only one who is concerned with someone other than himself.

1 more thing, How was my info auction wrong? If I stated that these DON'T work, and even said Don't waste your money in BIG print right in my auction.
By the way, ebay states that info auctions are not allowed.

The ebay thing is nothing. Used car dealers is alot bigger problems, the list goes on and on.

Oh well. might as well crinkle up this thread and try to shoot a 3 pointer, make better use of my time, lol

Quick Reply: Wow