Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Unhappy Local Business Murder/Suicide. Sad, Sad Day.

Hello All,
I just wanted to drop a line and let ya'll know
that I'm o.k. If ya hadn't heard the news there was a
murder suicide in my building yesterday. Apparently
one of the ladies here had recently divorced her
husband. She filed a restraining order just a couple
hours before he barged his way into the building and
went straight to her office and killed her and then
himself with a shotgun. I was on the other side of the
building when it happened. Everybody else got out of
the building unharmed. The woman's name was Catherine.
She was one of the nicest and friendliest people I've
met since working at Lowrance. She was young, only
about 30. She will be dearly missed by all. This is a smaller business with not a huge amount of employees so most of us know each other. It is definately like a second family around here. So it kinda feels like one of our own family has been killed. This whole event has us just in shock and numb. Please say a
prayer for Cathy and her family. Here's a link to a local news station covering the story.

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storie...age=1&id=77677

Take care all. And cherish every moment you have with
those you care about.

Thanks,
-Ron

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ron,

Glad to hear you are OK. I heard about the shooting at Lowrance as I was driving yesterday and immediately wondered if you were safe. I'm very sorry to hear that an innocent life was lost due to the selfishness of another, but I am very glad to hear that you and the rest of the employees are safe and unharmed physically.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim and her family.

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 02-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
Its very sad what some people do when rage gets the best of them, her family and friends are in our prayers, and you as well, this must have been very tramatic and hard to deal with.Glad to know you are alright and no body else was hurt.Take comfort in knowing she is with God now, and pray for God to have mercy on that man's soul, because the devil had ahold of it and its hard to get free of his grip...........

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
Most happy that you are ok and were out of harms way. Must be traumatic for you though so yes all our thoughts and prayers will be with not only you but her family also. Please convey our sympathies.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Postmaster

NoMo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow! I had completely forgotten that you worked there now. Sure am glad you are OK. Guess I was sleeping when the news came in... I just heard about it the morning.

Too bad that psycho couldn't have done everyone a favor and just taken himself out. Had to go and not only kill his ex-wife, but did some major harm to a lot of other individuals too.

If you want to talk or just head somewhere and take your mind off the situation, let me know. I make a good "designated driver".
Old 02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the offer, Neal. It's just a weird weird day. Some people showed up, some didn't. Some left early. It's so strangely quiet and somber. I keep finding myself turned around and not remembering what I got up to do in the first place. I guess time will help heal and get things close to normal.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Ron. Went to call you earlier today but realized I have (once again) misplaced your number...

I cannot imagine having to deal with such a situation. Therefore, I don't really know what to say, but so you know... support is offered.

STan

Old 02-12-2005, 05:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
1970s, 2003, 2010, cairo, cairoga, cairogeorgia, claremore, delaware, ga, georgia, lowrance, murder, murdersuicide, news, sucide, suicide