2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redesigned Volant

Old 02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redesigned Volant

I just received my redesigned Volant intake tube. I bought the intake lst week and it was still the old version. I called Volant and they sent me the new tube. I will post some pics of the 2 different versions so if you go buy one you can open the box and make sure it is the redesigned version. They claim they have fixed check engine light problem, but now I have an low idle problem. But it sounds good!

Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Hi , I just ordered Volant 19754 Air Intake & 39854 Scoop for my new Ford F150 Lariat 5.4. Could you tell more detail about problem with idle and what about engine light ? I also would like to know more about sound.THANKS

Old 02-11-2005, 01:48 PM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
I have a superchips which will also read the codes when the check engine light comes on. Ihe volant originally made the engine run too lean. I have had the new one on for 3 days, no check engine light. The sound isn't really different when normal driving, but when you hit the gas, it is alot throatier, I also have a nagnaflow exhaust installed. I love the sound. As for the idle problem, I don't know if it the superchips or the Volant, but I didn't have any problems before I installed the Volant. My RPMs at idle are between 400-600, what are yours at?

Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
SoCalSuperCrew , I checked my idle RPM with transmission in Drive and it was about 600-650. Is your low idle causing engine to die or is it just rough idle?

Old 02-15-2005, 08:07 PM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
It died 2 times... I unistalled the superchips and it didn't seem to make a difference in the idle. So I reinstalled it yesterday with the 91 octane program, that made a big difference in power, but I am still having the rough idle at times.. drops down to 300 rpm, but hasn't died in a week now, knock on wood... Hopefully the computer will adjust and everything will be great!

Old 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
spc
Freshman User
I disconnected the battery prior to installing my volant. After I put it all together fired it up did a test drive & the engine smoothed right out.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
spc , I am waiting on Volant for my 04 5.4 SCab.It is on backorder. Was wondering if install instructions said to disconnect battery or if you just thought to do that on your own? I probably would not have thought of that. Is Volant difficult to install? Did you go with Ram Air Scoop? If so, what does it mount to? How does your intake sound?

Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 AM
spc
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Ruckus
Was wondering if install instructions said to disconnect battery or if you just thought to do that on your own? Is Volant difficult to install? Did you go with Ram Air Scoop? If so, what does it mount to? How does your intake sound?
No the instructions don't mention it but I have read it on some ford forums. It's not hard to install. Make sure you get the redesigned air tube. I did not get the snorkel scoop. It is quiet when driving normally but with hard acceleration it does sound like the old holly 4 barrel & the borla exhaust sound better with the increased air flow. Good luck.<O</O

Old 02-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
spc ,Do you have 5.4? The old holley 4 barrel sound is just what I am hoping for. I was wondering how long you have had yours on and if you have had problems with check engine light or idle problems,etc.? I definately will disconnect battery to eliminate potential problems during install.Good Info. Thanks

Last edited by Ruckus; 02-17-2005 at 07:48 AM. Reason: change
Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
spc
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Ruckus
spc ,Do you have 5.4? I was wondering how long you have had yours on and if you have had problems with check engine light or idle problems,etc.?
Yes I have the 5.4 & I have had it on for about 2 weeks & no CEL or idle problems. Runs great.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:25 AM
gymrat12
New User
I still have the old one and it really does not sit right. My new one was supposedly shipped out on Friday. Did you notice the difference in how it connects to the box? The old one had to sit at an angle to mount up to the box. This left it barely in contact with the throttle body. Does anyone else have this problem???

Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 PM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
The new one does fit a little better. To give an update on mine... I went back to the shop where I got it and let them see what was happening because the truck started dying again. They said there was so much air going through the engine, that when I pulled up to a stop sign or tapped the gas in traffic, when you let off the gas and there is no more air, the computer is over compensating and dumping to much fuel in and flooding the engine. So I called Volant... they said they have not had any problems with the redesign and I need to call Superchips and have them reprogram it. I let them know they now have 1 reported problem with the redesign. I took it off and the problem is fixed, my idle is back to normal and I will be getting a different brand!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Question

Now I am worried ! My Volant should arrive within the next two weeks . I have already paid for it . I will put it on and see what happens .

Last edited by Ruckus; 02-20-2005 at 01:26 PM. Reason: edit
Old 02-20-2005, 02:11 PM
spc
Freshman User
I have mine teamed up with the predator programmer, borla exhaust & it is GREAT. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I did removed the rubber band gasket that is on the sensor before installing the volant gasket.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
Well.... It turns out it may not be the volant that is the problem... My truck died again last night!! Maybe my sensor went bad?? A lot of people like the volant and it looks sweet under the hood, so you should be happy.... now I gotta figure out what to do, I guess the truck goes to Ford tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Redesigned Volant