aplan/xplan--extending to freinds & family

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:11 PM
tkd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aplan/xplan--extending to freinds & family

I've tried to search here and contacted my local dealership with no luck, so I thought I'd post here.

I am able to get an A plan through a family member. That family member will retire at the end of the year. Will she (and her family) still be eligible for any type of Ford plan after retirement?

Secondly, I understand that Ford employees may now be able to extend either A or X plan PIN numbers to "friends & neighbors", but the dealerships around here aren't sure how that works. As I said, I have a family member who can get me an A plan PIN. My question is can that family member also extend the A plan number to a close family friend or can only the X plan program be extended?

The local dealerships around here seem confused, but are looking into it.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tkd
I've tried to search here and contacted my local dealership with no luck, so I thought I'd post here.

I am able to get an A plan through a family member. That family member will retire at the end of the year. Will she (and her family) still be eligible for any type of Ford plan after retirement?

Secondly, I understand that Ford employees may now be able to extend either A or X plan PIN numbers to "friends & neighbors", but the dealerships around here aren't sure how that works. As I said, I have a family member who can get me an A plan PIN. My question is can that family member also extend the A plan number to a close family friend or can only the X plan program be extended?

The local dealerships around here seem confused, but are looking into it.

Thanks
This link should help with the rules. Here's the Ford link. As I understand it, the friends and family extension is under the "X" plan. The actual qualifying member has to apply for a PIN.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There were reports a few months ago that Ford employees would be able to offer A-Plan to one or two people of their choice. Unfortunately, nothing ever seems to have come of it. If your family member retires with full benefits, they'll continue to get A-Plan benefits, it's just called Z-Plan. Under Z-Plan, the family members that qualify are more limited (must be closer in relation).

Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
tkd
Elder User
Thank you for the responses. I've looked at the link and it's a little confusing to me. If I interpret the wording correctly, as an A plan member, I can not extend any special pricing to a freind, but if I was x plan, I could. I did try to call Ford and ask on the hotline. I explained that it was my Mother who was qualified, even though I had an active pin. Once they heard this, they told me "Thank you, _______ for calling, I need to you hang up now and have your mother call us for information." That was pretty dissappointing (hey, the only reason I'm doing this is to help a freind who wants a Ford. I've had such a hassle with my 03 expy that I won't get another Ford personally"

I appreciate the help, but I still don't have a definitive answer to my question, only an interpreted answer and some maybe's, which is not the fault of anyone here.

Thank you.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:46 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tkd
Thank you for the responses. I've looked at the link and it's a little confusing to me. If I interpret the wording correctly, as an A plan member, I can not extend any special pricing to a freind, but if I was x plan, I could. I did try to call Ford and ask on the hotline. I explained that it was my Mother who was qualified, even though I had an active pin. Once they heard this, they told me "Thank you, _______ for calling, I need to you hang up now and have your mother call us for information." That was pretty dissappointing (hey, the only reason I'm doing this is to help a freind who wants a Ford. I've had such a hassle with my 03 expy that I won't get another Ford personally"

I appreciate the help, but I still don't have a definitive answer to my question, only an interpreted answer and some maybe's, which is not the fault of anyone here.

Thank you.
"The actual qualifying member has to apply for a PIN."

That's actually the process- Ford will verify with your mom what program, if any, they'll approve.