2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
db3812
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help!

hey folks. i was wondering if anyone could help me make a decision or give me any advice on my situation. i have filed my paperwork to the DSB. My dealer is going to put new brake rotors on the truck to see if it stops the steering wheel nibble. I have asked others on here if it will and they say no. My steering wheel only shakes when driving, not braking, so i don't know why the brake rotors would have anything to do with this. My frustration is, if this does fix the truck i am not sure that i want to keep it or not. i mean i have been back to the dealership service department more than some folks with older vehicles. iam not sure i trust that the truck will last me 100,000 miles or more.if the steering wheel nibble does stop after the new rotors, but i still do not want the truck, whats the advice anyone has as to present the DSB with? i mean the steering wheel nibble, the idle vibration, the rough ride( feels like i am running over bumps in the road that i know aren't there), the rough shifts in the transmission, the lasck of power that they claim to have, all these things make me feel as thought the truck will not last longer than the durn warraty of 36000 miles. I just don't feel as though the truck is dependable. on top of all this ... i did buy a NEW truck didn;t I? I mean where is that feeling... haven't felt that since... oh yeah when i bought my 04 dodge...anyway... does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what would be my best thing to do? many thanks in advance.
daniel

Old 02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Ingolf
Freshman User
Well when you get the truck back, and assuming they fix your problem (has been due to alot of different causes from people with the same problem on these boards) and everything runs great, then you decide weather you want to keep it or not. I'm sure your mindset will change when the trucks purrrs like it shout . If not you can always take it back

Old 02-10-2005, 11:45 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
db3812
as far as the dsb is concerned i dont know, but for the other stuff the new pcm flash should correct the shift and throttle problems.as for the vibrations i'm like you not so sure the rotors are the blame but if it is good for you. the power it is indeed there the reflash will more likely find it for you.
my wife has a 04 fx4scab4x4 5.4L3v and i have a 05 fx4scab4x4 5.4L3v i traded a 97 lariate scab4x4 5.4L flairside that i think is golden man did i love that truck.my wife got her truck last aug.and i havent drive much matter of fact only twice and those 2 times was thru the barn to get it out of my way lol.if i had i dont think i would have gotten my 05 (sad to say)but she talked her truck up and so for tax reasons i went got me 1.and boy was i disappointed.going back to the dealer and complaining and listening to this tech telling me garbage about this is how these trucks are programmed and yada yada yada.it took me driving another 05 raising cain that my truck wasnt a 300horse truck they reflashed it and boy what a differnce.let me give you this little example,this morning leaving work a coworker driving a 04 silverado 5.3L stock except for duel exhaust was messing with me,pulling ahead of me slowing back down,pulling back ahead,getting beside me revving up his motor so about 7 miles of this i had enough. win or lose i was going to show i was a contender.now i was cruising 55 mph cruise control on so i turn it off mash my throttle down about half away and that truck shout out about a truck and half lenght in front of him i let up and let him get beside me and via cellphone we agreed we'ed go when he nodded,he did a rolling 55mph my throttle mushed 1/2 down his duels sounded off i shout a good 2 trucks lenghts ahead. i've never had this truck over 90 so i said what the heck i'll go see where it would cut off at.i guess at 100 he cut off cause the gap started really spreading i look back down at 110mph i was crossing 4800rpms steadly climbing i hit 5000rpms around 113mph the trucked shifted into 4th(od) and lunged forward hard still climbing in speed thats when i decided to back off "way off".at the next gas station we pulled in he wanted to know what i did to my truck. wont believe i havent done anything.my whole point is that the power is there thats for sure just make the dealership get it right.after the reflash the trick is not mushing the pedal all the way down..no good results that way..between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle seems to be the sweet spot.then when your in the power band you can go to the floor if you think you need it...
i hope that in the end you can get all this worked out and go back to enjoying a nice truck which everone it happens to be.just dont be so quick to give on ford just yet.its just a blackcloud overhead that can pass and its so nice once that sunshines...

Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
db3812
Junior User
i have an 04 f150 scab slt 4x4. I think that the dealer would have already done the flash thing, but i only think they will do it if they can feel the issue i am talking about. if they don't feel it then they say theres nothing they can do. i know most all dealers whethere its ford, dodge, or chevy or whatever will do and say that. My issue is that i have been back to the dealer too many times and the truck has less than 10,000 miles on it and the issues haven't been resolved. I am VERY skeptical what this truck will do when it reaches the 75000 mile mark or even further... will it stay together or will it shake apart b4 then? i just ahve lost all faith in ford... this being my first that i have owned. my dad had lots when we had our farm and they were tough trucks... but this onei have seems to have more problems than anything. i am just fed up with it and want my money back. if the dsb thing doesn't go my way i am definately getting a lemon law lawyer... i want my money back to get a truck i feel is well built and meets and exceeds my expectations. like i said earlier in another post, i haven't been able to have that new truck feeling since i bought it. I think i have a defected truck... i know they are rare... but i don't want this truck and i am not happy with it nor do i feel that it will last as long as i plan on having it. I don't trust it. anyway thats my rant for the day... sorry so long and badmouthing... have to vent somewhere u know? any other suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated.
thanks
daniel