2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you "Predator" pros out there...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
rts9364
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you "Predator" pros out there...

I just got my new Predator tuner. I was less than impressed with the literature that came with the unit, more impressed with the product itself. Mine came with a "book" attempting to cover all models of predator, then a slip of paper attempting to explain the actual model i bought for $330. I read the instructions, like I usually do, then turned on the unit and discovered the "book" was garbage and told nothing useful applicable to my model other than "use premium gas."

As I said I was impressed with the actual product and its performance so far, I have only tried the 87 octane program. I have a couple of questions for you guys that have had these a while. BTW I have the 5.4.

1. What exactly are the "87 tune" and "Diablo tune" doing to the truck's setup? (i.e. shift firmness, speed limiter, etc.) I understand what the unit is capable of altering, but nowhere does it say what exactly the "stock" programs are doing to the truck's settings. I could probably answer this myself by going into "modify program" and seeing what everything is set to, but Im lazy.

2. Do you guys keep the tuner in the truck all the time or in your house on a shelf? If so do you worry about leaving it in the cold weather at night? Seems like it would be nice to have it along should something go wrong or you cant find 93 octane sometime.

Sorry so long, thanks if you can help.

rts