Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
dvd copys?

anyone in here copy dvds? i got a burner so i could make backups of my movies and when i try to copy them it says its protected content and it wont let me copy. is this with all dvds or just the one i happen to have?
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I don't know for sure but I think that all of the proffessional legit ones are that way I heard (take that for what it's worth) that if you can copy it, then it's a illegal pirated one to begin with.

The one that says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one that is doing it
Old 02-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Elder User

fordloverf2501970 is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah we copy them all the time for " back ups " first of all you have to have a dual layer dvd burner to copy movies, plus you have to get a good dvd burning program that will allow you to edit the dvd and shorten it. because if you put a dvd into your pc you will see that it is sometimes like 3 gigs worth data on the dvd. trial and error will teach you. i went thru an entire 20 pack before i got one right. now i mess up maybe one or two in a 50 pack
if it is in english, Thank a Soldier !
Currently truckless and Laid Off!
but i am happy!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
thanks guys i guess ill just have to mess around some.
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono4
thanks guys i guess ill just have to mess around some.
Ok but I wouldn't tell the wife/gf if I were you.

The one that says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one that is doing it
Old 02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Post Fiend

stupid 10 characters
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Old 02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Senior User

weldingfreak is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an duel layer dvd recorder and do copy some dvd.s that where for backup only. but at $10 a disk for duel layer dvd it is cheeper to just buy the movie. I can store 7.4 gig total on one disk
Old 02-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Posting Guru

CBSuperduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Checkout www.afterdawn.com for more info on backing up your DVD's.

2008 Dodge 3500, QCSB, 4X4, 6.7 CTD, Hand Shaker, No Mods Yet.......
1979 F250 2wd Pull Truck, 468CID

SOLD
2004 F350, RC, 4X4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, Various Mods.......
2002 F250, CC, 4X4, V10,
Old 02-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Posting Guru

Saurian has a good reputation on FTE.Saurian has a good reputation on FTE.
Look for a program called Super DVD Ripper...or soemthign like that. Just save money by going and buying a 120GB hard drive and save video to your computer. You can still maintain full size and very good quality with it not being horribly large.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Post Fiend

well i could save them to my hd and size wouldnt be a prob with my 80, 40, 40 gig hds, i just want to be able to make copies of ones im barowing and whatnot
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Old 02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Post Fiend

ivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud of
I'll have to ask my buddy how he does it but he copies all kinds of movies for me. Um, I mean he lets me borrow some of his backup DVD's for a very long time. The DVD's he puts them on look like a regular 50 pack DVD, nothing too special. The only thing I notice is when I first start the movie it'll tell me that it's an archive copy and give me a "warning: the FBI it going to bust down your door and kill you" message. But they always play just fine. If I could get that figured out I'd have a hay day with NetFlix.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
See what you can figure out for us Ivan... I think I may KNOW somebody who could use this information.

STan

Old 02-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Post Fiend

rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Careful here, this stuff carries large fines and / or jail time. It's just like speeding. You never think you're going to be the one to get caught, until you do.

And bragging about it on an internet forum helps too. Kind of like passing the highway patrolman.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter