Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Official Thread: Reply Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official Thread: Reply Needed

I have spoken to a few in the Chapter here, and we have decided that we need to get an updated and accurate roster on the books. Therefore, we will be going through the roster at the end of the month and REMOVING those members who are no longer active with the Chapter. Those who will be removed will be sent an email encouraging them to become more involved with the Chapter.

Those of you who wish to stay active with the Oklahoma Chapter and want to stay on the books MUST REPLY TO THIS THREAD OR THEY WILL BE REMOVED.

We are not trying to ban anybody from the Chapter, not by a long shot, but on my roster, I have over 100 members yet only 9-10 of those 100+ ever visit the Chapter.

You have until the end of Feb. to respond to this thread.

Secondly, I would like to send an email to every member of our Chapter to let them know of this and if they are not active, to encourage them to become more active, but in order to do this, I will need help from YOU! Dakota Tim has already offered his services, and I'm sure there are a few others here who would be willing to help with this. Come on guy's (and gal ), if enough of you will help, each of us may only have to send 15 or 20 emails, we could do this in an hour.

Thanks,

STan

Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I'm still here!!!

Need anymore help just drop me a line, I'll do what I can.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Instead of removing names why not move them to an inactive list so the name/info is not discarded. That way if someone comes back they can be added back to the active roster. How are you going to determine who is inactive? What will be the criteria. Need to post the details.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:13 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Here!

Old 02-04-2005, 06:36 PM
ranger240
Elder User
UHHH, I am still here too, duhh, obviously.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:45 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SwOkcOffRoader checking in............I have emailed a few people off of white knights sticky that i havent seen post in awhile hoping for a response. what i did was pull up their post list and if they didnt post since december i emailed them, i chose december because thats when i noticed things picking up in here, and if they havent seen that(recent activity) maybe they will be inclined to come back now that there is more activity. we will see what happens, if you get it all down and give me a list of names i will galdly help out, its the least i can do to help....

Old 02-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by rogerf100
Instead of removing names why not move them to an inactive list so the name/info is not discarded. That way if someone comes back they can be added back to the active roster. How are you going to determine who is inactive? What will be the criteria. Need to post the details.

Those who do not reply to this pole by this date next month (03-04-05) will be removed. I think this is a fair amount of time. If someone doesn't visit atleast once a month, I question just how active that person is. Does this seem unfair to anybody? Also, if for some reason you are unable to reply to this thread, you may call me or anybody else you can to let them know and you will not be removed.

Brian, thank you very much for the offer of help, it is greatly appreciated. Email sent.

Could still use a few more people to help with the emails. PM me or Email me.

STan

Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 PM
ranger240
Elder User
I have already emailed or pm'ed everyone in OKC area to notify them of our next meet and inviting them to get more active on the forum.

I think alot of them post in their individual truck forums, and skip the OK forum as there has been a lack of activity until recently.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:36 PM
97F250HDFlatbed
Freshman User
Dont Get Rid Of Me Please!

Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 PM
1965_3/4ton
New User
HERE!!!
Steve In Catoosa

Old 02-05-2005, 10:39 PM
5356f100
Junior User
Are you removing those who don't post? I'm not a member, just curious.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:56 AM
stockcar nut
Senior User
I'm here and not leaving anytime soon. "But", I do agree with Rogerf100 and OffRoader, due to the short amount time since the chapter has been officially organized I feel this may be a little bit premature. I sometimes go for months without posting simply because I don't feel like I have anything to contribute to a paticular topic but still come here on an almost daily basis. That's my 35 cents worth, ( where's my change? ). Tom

Old 02-06-2005, 11:24 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still here, When I get some time will start going to some of these gtgs.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
5356f100
Junior User
Traxxis do you have the "ability" just to see who has visited the site without posting? As I'm sure many visit but don't post for various reasons as Tom pointed out. Also, because of life's other activities sometimes you can be taken away ( no, not jail ) for extended periods of time. Just something to think about before you make the final decision.

Last edited by 5356f100; 02-06-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 5356f100
Traxxis do you have the "ability" just to see who has visited the site without posting? As I'm sure many visit but don't post for various reasons as Tom pointed out. Also, because of life's other activities sometimes you can be taken away ( no, not jail ) for extended periods of time. Just something to think about before you make the final decision.
Used too, yes, I had the ability to see when the last time was that each OK chapter member visited the chapter, however for some reason that went away MANY months ago, so unfortionately, the only way to really find out (coincidently the only way to get people's attention as-well) is to create a thread that one must answer to in order not be removed. I do wish I still had that option though.

I understand some of you like to sit in the background and just speak up now and then, and it very well is possible that you wish to see OUR Chapter grow. I was very surprised (pleasantly of course) to see two of these personalities show up at the BA gtg. Others I also understand, Alice doesn't have the www at her house, this is why she can only post now and then. Alot of other guy's (myself included) are full-time workers, and full-time students.

But, is it too much to ask people to contribute or move on? I fully understand there are other things in life aside from the FTE Ok. Chapter, however is it too much to ask for a post now and then?? More often than once every 2 months? Come on guy's, work with me a bit here. I've always heard. . . crap or get off the pot. Well, like it, love it or hate it, this is what I'm asking. . . please participate more. Please give your two cents. We're FINALLY begining to go places here, yet you still tell me ('scuse me... imply) that this Chapter is not active enough to please you? It's only active because people have made the decision that they too would like to see this go somewhere. On the other hand, it's non-active because people would rather sit around and talk about things getting done, rather than to get up and actually do something. Then when active people come around to get something started, many people who aren't so active always have their critizism (sp?? Just got off work, very tired) to add.

Please, critique as you wish, but please become an active member who is willing to devote some time to bettering the chapter.

Those of you who have suggestions they wish to make, please make them. But keep in mind we are trying to go places with this Chapter. If that is not your goal, please don't bother giving hindering suggestions.

Logos, Ethos, Pathos.

STan

P.S. '53 F100, please understand this post isn't directed at you or anybody else specifically. I only quoted you to answer your question about the "last visit" suggestion. As for this thread, please limit replies to "here" calls. Thanks in advance.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...38#post2385838

Quick Reply: Official Thread: Reply Needed