2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Glass Rattle & Pass. Seat ?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:00 AM
HighTekRedneck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back Glass Rattle & Pass. Seat ?

I'm taking my '05 SCAB in today to have the back glass rattle fixed...again . The dealer had to order some new parts for the cable assembly that operates the sliding rear window. I am also going to have them check to see if they can shim the front part of the passenger seat up. Everyone that has been in that seat says that it feels like they are sliding out of it. It has leather seats and my side has the electronic adjustments, but the pass. side doesn't. Has anyone else had this complaint?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:31 AM
trackdog
Freshman User
I would love to hear what they say about the seat...

I have not had anyone actaully complain to me, however when I have ridden in the passenger seat of my own truck, I have noticed that it seems to slope down towards the front. Keep me posted. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:12 PM
truebluefx
Junior User
I used to have an '03 Lariat that started to do that at around 60,000 miles but just went away later on. I guess im lucky???

Old 02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
drswig
New User
Angry back glass rattle

Let me know if the dealer gets that back glass rattle fixed. My 04 FX4 does it and it drives me nuts. As an aside, everyone is asking about the DVD factory harness. Don't bother. I just installed a SONY overhead DVD Dream syystem. It is cheaper, is the same factory silver/grey color, has a bigger and better screen and doesnt require messing with any harnesses b/c it has built in speakers. Just FYI.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:30 AM
azcmc
New User
I have a 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew that had that same rear window rattle. It drove me up the wall. I brought it into my dealer and they were able to fix it. As of right now, problem solved (knocking on wood).

Old 02-11-2005, 07:58 AM
HighTekRedneck
Freshman User
90% better

OK...I finally got my truck back from the dealer, I had some issues between the dealer and the "glass guy" that I don't want to bring up...Anyway, the service rep said that it is "90% fixed" , meaning that the main rattle is gone, and it is, but there is still a tiny little rattle coming from somewhere else in the back. I am supposed to drive it this weekend and see if it is annoying enough to bring it back in. I can hear a little rattle when I hit a really hard bump, but that is to be expected in my opinion. When you have roads as bad as we do here in Missouri, you learn to live with a few squeaks.
The service rep said that there is a TSB on this issue now. They have to bring in a windsheild expert to put a thicker padding between the rear sliding glass and the frame of the rear window.
I guess I will just live with it for now and if it gets worse, take it back in...

Search this Thread