Notices

Who has an OEM Remote starter??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 07:08 PM
mattd17
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Who has an OEM Remote starter??

Hi, i am asking this for a friend who has a 2004 F150. he wants to get a remote starter unit in his truck which has the factory remote keyless entry with the panic feature. who has a system on their truck now, and how do you like it? do they come with a new remote to use that will work even the keyless entry and panic? thanks in advance !!!!

Old 02-02-2005, 11:56 PM
overburden
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattd17
Hi, i am asking this for a friend who has a 2004 F150. he wants to get a remote starter unit in his truck which has the factory remote keyless entry with the panic feature. who has a system on their truck now, and how do you like it? do they come with a new remote to use that will work even the keyless entry and panic? thanks in advance !!!!
love it.
new remote and yes.
your welcome.

just had mine installed yesterday on my new 2005 F-350 4x4 6.0 psd. it is more expensive than aftermarket starters, but it seems to have a feature that my wifes remote doesnt have. i can push a button on the remote, take the key out and go into the store, and the truck stays on. dont feel real comfortable doing that, but it is there.

everything the original remote was able to do, the new remote can do. make sure he takes both remotes in when he goes, and also make sure he gets his old remotes when he leaves(they will still work, just wont start the truck up for him).

Old 02-03-2005, 11:08 AM
mattd17
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks..... i also have a aftermarket system that will allow me to keep the truck running without the key.... im totally comfortable with it though.... as it will shut off as soon as the brake is applied. as for your oem setup, what is the name of it? i have read that some people have a "gold series"? , or something like that. thanks again !!

Old 02-05-2005, 04:16 PM
captchas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the ford factory unit is great , but it is a audiovox code alarm unit with there name on . i have a post in the super duty section with a link to the company gensen .com and gensen.com/ford for the instructions to install