Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Elder User

rangerxlt02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best dealer in MN for ATVs

Morning y'all,
In the market for an ATV. Think I've decided on a Yammerhammer Bruin 350 or the Kodiak 400. Both are 4x4 autos (fiancee doesn't drive shifty things).

Anywho, any of you have good experiences with a local shop? I'm thinking of going to Larson Cycle in Cambridge. Fair prices, and my cousin got a very good deal on a Suzuki SV650.

If you have any tips on good locations, let me know.

thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Elder User

billsco is starting off with a positive reputation.
IMO, you're not going to save a lot from dealer to dealer. There simply isn't that much markup on ATV's. Stay as local as you can, I like the idea of nearby toy stores.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Posting Guru

Boss_358 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Larsons is supposed to be a decent shop. Myself personally, have noticed different prices dealer to dealer. In fact now seeing what I paid for my wheeler back in late 2001 compared to another dealer with the same ATV, I feel I was ripped off. We bought it from one dealership because we knew someone who worked there. They no longer work there and needless to say going back for any service or parts or advise has not been a big pleasure. I have been going to another dealership for parts now and have no major complaints. I will probably wind up buying my next wheeler from there and hopefully someday a new snowmobile as well. I'm going to leave business names out just for due fairness.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Elder User

Hey Boss,
That's what I've noticed as well with pricing. Larson's tends to sell close to what they paid for the item, which I can't complain about. Also looking at an 04 model, maybe they'll break a deal on those to clear out.

It's getting near springtime, and an ATV at the cabin would rock (34 acres to cruise around on). Heck, maybe I'll get two. The fiancee will probably want one of her own.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Elder User

billsco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Make it a rule that you have at least two ATV's.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Postmaster

Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Got ours from vetters sales and service in kasota, mn. THey seem to be good people, of course, its a polaris, not a yameha. Otherwise right here in st. peter there's a Drantells Sales & service that do yamaha stuff. I'd say stay as close as possible, anyone will be nice to you if your buying a 5,000$ piece of equipment from them. I think they make most of their money on parts/accesssories

Old 02-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Posting Guru

460429_freak is starting off with a positive reputation.
wish you all live closer we (my company I work for) sells 4 wheler's ... real good prices and soon to offer 5 year warrenty on motor and drive tran..

FORDS always look better when pulling a CHEVY
Old 02-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Posting Guru

plowpusher is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll second the opinion on Larsons they are good people I know John personally, service is good and usually the best price around for yammies and a good parts room for stock and aftermarket stuff
Old 03-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Junior User

mitch4166 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hiller auction in Zimmerman sells new and used I have bought and sold wheelers there. hillerauction.com
Old 03-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Posting Guru

couleeman is starting off with a positive reputation.
My next one will be from Larson. I bought mine from Tousely in the cities and the service has been garbage ever since. I have found price wise Larson is the same as everyone else, but the service is allot better so they get my pick.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Elder User

Hey Coulee,
Should drop a note when you're going there. I'm going to go up there probably early April to see what they have. Maybe they have on 03 still sitting around that they want to offload.

Well I'm getting the itch for an ATV, not sure if I can make it until April hahaha.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Posting Guru

I won't be buying another one this year (probably next). I know they have a few 04 Ranchers in stock still (I stop by and look every so often). I have to get my 03 paid off first.

When you get one PM me and we can go out riding. There are quite a few decent trails within about an hour of here.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Senior User

fordfast is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would keep it as local as possible. Any Yam dealer has to do warrenty but if you dont buy from them they tend to put you on back burner!.....If anyone wants to go wheelin up here in the great north let me know. I know all the back trails,lots of mud,rocks,hills,woods and NO DNR!!! Probly take our first ride in mid April weather permitting.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Freshman User

Mr. Bill No. Mn is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a yammer and I hate it. Its been in the shop more than its been riddin. I also have a polaris and I love it . had it since 2001 and it never been in the shop. Over 1500 miles and still running strong. Keep it local
Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfast
I would keep it as local as possible. Any Yam dealer has to do warrenty but if you dont buy from them they tend to put you on back burner!.....If anyone wants to go wheelin up here in the great north let me know. I know all the back trails,lots of mud,rocks,hills,woods and NO DNR!!! Probly take our first ride in mid April weather permitting.
You'll have to let us know when you are planning to go. Any excuse to get the 4-wheeler muddy is a good one.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 AM