Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

We need to liven this chapter up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:21 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
We need to liven this chapter up.

Ok I was reading through some of the other forums, and ran across the NW forum bragging about 6 of thier members being on the front page of the reputation points, and they seem to have a lot of activity going on, now I am not saying we have to compete with anyone, but would really like to see some activity on here. I realize not everyone is into offroading even though that seems to be my main area but we do have other things in this state I know someone has to do the circle track trucks or show trucks, or drag race at eddyville, or someother track lets hear about some of these trucks on here, and maybe some more get togethers or if you are going to be at some event maybe posting it for other members that want to come to it.
Anyway just trying to liven things up some.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:22 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ABSOLUTELY!! Not everyone can be staying at home all the time... Even if it isn't something you are participating in, just like to go to watch, whatever, let us know!!! Many of us don't know about it, and would like to hear about it. If nothing more, come here to BS, it isn't a tech forum, or have to deal with any business, it is our hang out area.To get it more active requires PARTICIPATION, I promise you, if all the members were to come in and post one thing, we could probably go on for months from that.We have 60 members now... imagine what we could accomplish with 60 people coming in here once a month...

Old 02-03-2005, 07:23 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
now I am not saying we have to compete with anyone . ..
But you KNOW you want to. Has it ever occurred to you that the reason people don't want to chat with you is because you inspire them to buy expensive engine components? Hmmmmmm????????

Seriously though, the NW chapter was dead for a LONG time. I remember only about a year back I would only check it once per week and there would only be 1 or 2 new posts each time. It was totally lame. We do have a lot of members now but I'd say really only 10-15 who post regularly in there. But the chapters are meant to be a community. There was a post by Dennis in the CL forum about how we're not to use the chapter forums for tech (whoops! ). That means you can post about whatever you like in here. If you're ever bored and need a good laugh I could post up a few links from the NW forum that would keep you entertained for hours. Once people get in the habit of visiting their chapter forum once or twice a day it'll start growing. We now have GTG's all over the place and a great turnout for them (finally). Just this summer I drove 400 miles to meet up with the Portland clan and there was 3 of us there. We've got another Portland GTG in a week and it'll be about 20 people it looks like.

Okay, enough blabbing. Just had to give Rob a hard time.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Somebody has to keep him in check. And I agree with the whole inspiration on expensive things. Goodness!

Umm...the two of you know that I've gotten hooked on the old 4-wheeling. =P As far as activities lately...all I do is go to school and go to work. I'm MAKING the time to visit a chica up at Central. Have to see how that goes down...

I'm up for any meet. Not gonna make the St Louis meet.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Feel free to give him a hard time as much as you want, somebody needs to ...

thing is, it makes it so much more fun to listen to him tell his tales... keeps the meetings VERY interesting... and fun.
So ivan, you gonna have time to swing up a bit north? Go harass Rob in person? I unfortunately don't think I will make it to St Louis, just isn't looking good...

Old 02-04-2005, 01:04 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Man am I being ganged up on here or what and what do you mean ivan saying I inspire people to buy expensive engine parts all I did was say that the A441 heads were a real cool one, your the one that fell in love with the idea
And Roger I am not sure what yoru trying to say? maybe that I talk to much or what
And as far as Jacob well I just don't know what to say here, other than you are looking at two VERY expensive hobbies 4x4s, and women

Old 02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Actually, I would call it a compliment, it does make our meetings interesting. The internet doesn't make it easy to tell if it is said positive or not...

Old 02-04-2005, 07:14 PM
nogo73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I could find out when all the car shows are going on up here and post that I do know somtime in the middle of july they have harleys and hot rods up at anita, or north cedar drag strip.
around memorial day we have the 4st cruise up in Waterloo. I would only take a monster truck in that one too many recks over the years. sad to see classic steal get all bent up like that.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:49 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
definitely let us know when things are happening, i don't have the access I used to to some of that stuff. I'm sure it is the same for most everyone else too. Even if they do know, it at least can be discussed..

Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

yeah that is the kinda stuff that should be posted on here so all those that don'tknow about them and might be interested can find out plus might give some oppertunities for impromtu gtg
And roger I wasn't offended but don't tell Ivan

Old 02-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Hah. You two....

Old 02-05-2005, 10:59 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey next weekend there is something going on. i am hauling trash to the dump ! anyone wanting to come up and join in is welcome. if you want to set up a BBQ in my back yard then we can do that too. unfortunely this is about the only time i get to drive my truck anywhere right now. With as much as i am working trying to get ready for the twins to be born and looking for a new house and the 1000 other things i am involved with, i am lucky i get any fun at all. I cant even get down to fellro's right now to get that seat and window i need. someday hopefully i can though.