Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Senior User

stutterstan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anybody but the stealership

I am looking for an alternative to the stealership for a IAC sensor on a SOHC Explorer. Anyone know of a parts supplier in the area that has access to Ford parts at a cheaper price. It's out of the realm of Autozone, Advance, etc. Even a website will do.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Junior User

soulpatchfr is starting off with a positive reputation.
well, A&B on Princess Anne Rd in Norfolk advertises that they stock everything - or can get it. 857-1224.
been around forever, & they've done me right anytime i've used them (20 yrs now)
Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Postmaster

texan2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have been away for a while but there used to be a parts store in Newport News called E&E Autoparts (also went by the name Parkers but it was the same place) that carried Motorcraft and delco parts. If I remember correctly, it was one of theose places that was closed on Sunday and only open until like noon or 1:00pm on Saturdayt and closed at 6 or 7 during the week. Real "Old School". Also, Apple's Auto Parts in York County on Route 17 if they still exist used to be the parts warehouse for most parts stores on the Peninsula. I say all this with the qualifier that I have not lived there since 1995 but I do go back occasionally. Have not been to auto parts stores on my trips home however. Both places could be ong gone but I would take a moment or tw to check them out.
1949 F2
Old 02-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Postmaster

texan2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2004
I have been away for a while but there used to be a parts store in Newport News called E&E Autoparts (also went by the name Parkers but it was the same place) that carried Motorcraft and delco parts. If I remember correctly, it was one of theose places that was closed on Sunday and only open until like noon or 1:00pm on Saturdayt and closed at 6 or 7 during the week. Real "Old School". Also, Apple's Auto Parts in York County on Route 17 if they still exist used to be the parts warehouse for most parts stores on the Peninsula. I say all this with the qualifier that I have not lived there since 1995 but I do go back occasionally. Have not been to auto parts stores on my trips home however. Both places could be ong gone but I would take a moment or tw to check them out.

Apparently Parker's is stil there. This came from Yahoo. They used to carry a ot of "dealer only" stuff or could get it quickly.
Parkers Auto Parts

(757) 930-1806

Address: <ADDRESS>12567 Warwick Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606</ADDRESS>

Cross Street:Near intersection of Warwick Blvd and Alpine St
1949 F2
Old 02-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Senior User

fordguy21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
FYI: When I bought my IAC for NAPA auto it had motorcraft stamped on the IAC itself, but it came in another company box.

So when I put it on it looked like I bought it from the dealer.

NAPA price: around $50

Dealer: $125 - $150

Last edited by fordguy21; 02-01-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter