Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Thumbs up Official FTE Oklahoma Chapter Logo Design & Selection Thread !!!!!!!!!

Okay, I hope I'm not steppin' on anybody's toes by starting this thread. But here goes. This will be the official thread to design and select our Oklahoma FTE Chapter logo. I have read through the Kansas chapter thread for designing and choosing their logo. The two main issues that I found that we must abide by is 1) The stickers must not provide a profit, or if it does the proceeds must benefit FTE or the FTE Chapter only. 2) We are specifically not allowed to use the Ford scripted oval due to copywright issues with FORD.

I mentioned a long time ago that I had been working on some ideas for some chapter logos and/or stickers. Seeing Tim's samples got me motivated. I finally got off my butt and made some samples. The pics are in my gallery, in the Oklahoma FTE sub gallery.

I used three of what I would consider the most popular Ford trucks that I see on the road.(I'm probably biased since I own two of the samples used.) The sample trucks could be changed to maybe include Broncos, or the small ranger pickups or the late 90's full size pickups. All the pics are hand drawn either on paper or on the pc, by yours truly. The quality could be better, but these are to give ya'll an idea of what they could be like.

The last sample is simple and not too cluttered. The blue oval is a subtle reminder of what the club is all about. (Remember that we can not use the Ford scripted logo. But no one has a copywright on just a blue oval. )

So for Tim, and anyone else here that wants to, let's get started on designing and selecting our FTE O.K. Chapter logo!!! Check out my ideas below.(FYI, the "visit WWW.FORD-TRUCKS.COM" text in the top left corner is not part of my design. That just overlaps my pictures.) Also, we probably don't want to get too elaborate with the designs so that they can easily be turned into window stickers and suc

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
FYI, if none of these designs appeal to anybody, please let me know. And be vocal about what changes you might wanna see to any of my design submittals. You won't be hurtin' my feelings with any suggestions for improvement or changes!

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
glad to see someone is taking the initiative and putting up some ideas, kudos to you!! if i were a little more computer savvy, (other than typing and left clicking!), i would try my hand at designing something.... i like your first drafts, they have alot of potential....im thinking since we can use a non Ford scripted blue oval, that we use a FTE logo like you had up before(with the scooner on the truck,minus the scooner...)and have a blue oval above the trucks thats scripted with Oklahoma or Sooners or the like, but make the oval look as much like Ford's as possible, filled in with blue and cursive lettering...wish i knew how to creat something like this so i could show you whats in my mind, well enough of my rambling, thats my 3 cents, im sure whatever is chosen will represent our chapter successfully and tastefully...

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 01-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
draw it on paper, then get it either scanned or take a pic and post it up, Brian.

I have started working on a few designs as well, will post them when done.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OK guys and gals, here's my 2 submissions. Both follow the rules for using the FTE logo. The first one is with the Schooner on the '50.

I submitted the first one to Ken Payne (FTE Owner) for approval and recieved word the other day from him that it was OK to put the Schooner on the FTE logo.

With Schooner

No Schooner and larger chapter name...

I have nearly completed the digitizing of both designs and would be able to have them printed into decals or I could cut them as window decals in a matter of a week or so.

Just let me know what you think.

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 01-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Senior User

Okie-Dokie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am not able to post as often as I should, so my opinion shouldn't carry weight here. I really like the last one. With the blue oval. So, how much and when will they be available? Got a couple of vehicles I would like to see with a logo in the back window.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Personally, I like Tim's no schooner decal.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
I think for me it is a tossup between Tims no "Schooner" and Rons "Sample 6". . . though as you can tell, I'm a real plain guy. . .

STan

Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I like the blue oval too, but I found this statement from Dennis (Mil1ion) in an older Logo thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
All chapter logos require the FTE logo to be in them.

Just an FYI before we go too far.

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)

Last edited by dakota_viking; 01-31-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Senior User

Arnold Kenyon is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the look of the non schooner also.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Postmaster

Thanks, Tim. I've been searching for the official FTE Chapter Logo guidelines and am finding a suggestion here and there throughout the different Forums and categories by Mil1ion and Ken. I put in a request to Mil1ion for the official Logo guidelines. I'm waiting to hear back from him. In the mean time, I guess I'll get back to the drawing board.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Senior User

White_Knight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie-Dokie
I am not able to post as often as I should, so my opinion shouldn't carry weight here.

Okie-Dokie,

Your opinion DOES carry weight here and in all matters of the Chapter.
Just as much so as mine. Please do me a favor as a friend- don't ever
underestimate yourself again.

That goes for the rest of y'all too.

your fellow member and Ford nut

Mark a.k.a White_Knight

1977 F-250 Ranger XLT 4WD Styleside "Wicked Wilma" - now packing a 6.9 IDI!!!

"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 02-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Elder User

rogerf100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the No Schooner from Tim. I like having the FTE logo over the outline of the state. Looks very good.
'94 F150 Flareside 5.0 V8
roger dot hughes64 at gmail dot com
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
with the help of my talented wife, we managed to come up with a possible logo....take a look and tell us what you think..........

BTW: just to make sure credit is given where its due, the outline came from dakota vikings no schooner logo with large letters.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...&albumid=14613

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 02-02-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Oooh... that's nice Brian. I might just have to put my vote in for that.

STan

Old 02-02-2005, 12:01 AM